01

I lifted my eyes, everything was white. It's like I've slept for days, hopefully I didn't. I stood up, I realized I'm still wearing the same clothes from last time, I can't exactly put my finger on it. It was batman longsleeve, yellow leggings and black converse. Why would I still be wearing this? Shouldn't Mommy and Daddy have changed me? Where are they? Where am I?

"Where am I? Is anyone there?" I spoke up breaking the silence. My heart was pounding, I'm sure if other people were here, they'd hear it.

"You're in a life and death situation, well stuck in between. I'm Alyssa, anyways, they thought you deserve to live life. Nice family, little brother, perfect mom and dad. They're missing you." the girl said as I turned around. She had long yellow hair put in two braids and she was wearing a pretty white dress. She's pretty.

"They? What do you mean... by all of this?" I asked walking towards Lindsay who was sitting. I sat next to her and gave a friendly smile.

"God, of course! You haven't exactly crossed the bridge of life and death yet, but before you can, you have a second chance. One more chance to live life as you expect kind of." Alyssa replied smiling back.

"I'll be back with my mommy and daddy? And Lucas and Loki and all my uncles and grandmas and grandpas?" I asked excitedly. Alyssa nodded.

"How?"

"Me of course! Think of me as your guardian angel, I'll send us both back down, of course there'll be food and shelter, I'll be there but look older. We just have to stay inside for about a week or so and we can start looking for your parents." Alyssa informed grabbing my hand.

"Okay?" I said in a confused voice. I'm confused, will I still be the same?

___

"This should do," Alyssa murmured as she threw a log into the fireplace. We're in a cabin in the woods, it's pretty cool from the look outside. "Alright, tell me about yourself, kid."

I sat down on a big chair and sighed. "My name is Kate, I don't remember much about back then. I'm four I think, maybe five. I'm not sure, I don't know. I have a baby brother, Lucas, but I call him Luke. I love him now. My mommy's name is Dani, I know that from my daddy, Liam, and I know that from my mommy. I have a cute little dog named Loki. I can't remember anything else." I informed playing with the hem of my shirt.

"What about how you died?" Alyssa raised an eyebrow.

"Died? I'm not sure... do you know?"

"Of course I do, I asked cos' I wanted to make sure you did or you didn't. You died in a car crash, your dad was messaging your mom, he crossed a red light, a car hit your side, not much damage done to Luke since you took most of the impact, not to mention, if you didn't put your arms out in front of him, he would've been gone. He's in critical condition but recovering for the past month." Alyssa replied. I gulped and stared at my feet. "I really shouldn't be telling you this, especially since you're only four through five years of age."

"It's been a month?" I asked, my voice sounded weird.

no im really not fine at al

"Sure has. Your father isn't really doing well since he's on tour; grieving your loss, leaving your mom behind with Luke. It's hard for him. But that's when we come in: your dad is in town in two weeks for only four days. We'll go around town looking for him- if you remember your home adress, that'd be useful."

"Grieving? I remember half of it. But it's on Riverroad street, yeah. I think I'll remember it once I see it." I grinned.

"... Yeah. Well you should go to bed. Night, kid." Alyssa said looking away. She looked like mommy's age, she no longer looked like a little girl that was older than me. Her hair no longer in braids, were now in curly waves. She had on light make up, and her blue eyes twinkled.

"Okay. Night, Alyssa." I hoped off the chair and walked over to her.

"What are you doing?" she asks backing away.

"Kiss on the cheek, I always do that. Don't you?" I asked standing on my tippy- toes.

"No, I never had parents to look over me." Alyssa snapped. "Go to bed, we wake up early."

"Alright, I'm going." I frowned walking towards the small room. What did she mean by 'never had parents to look over her'. Someone's always looking over you.

Okay, so I want to give credit to Hopelovelivelaugh for the idea to this story. I think the other Payne Family had so much confusion, and I thought Hope's idea was better. So again, credit to her. :)