Fleeces and Wellies

It's been a while now. We finished the series of the show in Texas as planned. And decided to stay there, it was a lovely place and I was going to get back to LA anyways so we stayed for a few more weeks together. It was absolute bliss. The people and the animals there are just the best. We finally got back to LA, James and Ian greeting us at the airport. The family was finally back together again, no drama included.

Until about 1 year ago. Noah and I kept fighting over everything and it got in the way of work. So we decided to end things, mutually. It wasn't easy, waking up with no one beside me. Eventually, I found someone that was right in front of me all along. Ian.

Ian and I had what was supposed to be a simple hook up, which turned into five which turned into a date that then turned into a relationship. Ian is the best person I could have ever asked for. He never expects anything from me and cares about me when Noah didn't. We never fight, and have been together for around 10 months now.

Our house is a few blocks away from the boys (including my old house with Noah, I said he could keep it. I didn't want any bad memories). Our house is decently sized, not too large and not to small either, it's perfect for us two.

Which leads us to the present day. Mollie and I (my new bff) were at the mall. She was getting married in a few months and needed to look for a dress. We stopped at multiple stores trying on over 60 dresses. Still, no luck. Soon we gave up and got pizza at the food court.

"So how are things with Ian" she smiles

"Good, we are going well. Better than ever actually!" I reply warmly.

We chat about our lives for an hour or two before deciding to get back home. We got home, hands full of excess shopping struggling to unlock the door. I walk in to dim lighting and rose petals in a trail on the wooden floors.

I follow the path placing the shopping in the lobby. It leads me to the bedroom where upon entry, Ian is standing (well kneeling) with a great big, shining diamond ring. Tears begin to well up in my eyes. He shushes me before speaking with great emotion.

"Ivy, the day I met you changed my life. What began as a measly hookup turned into something so much stronger than that. You are strong, independent and gorgeous. Which is why I, Ian Jeffries, ask you, Ivy Paige.....

...... Will you marry me?" He smiles

I gasp, trying to hold back my excitement, but I can't. I jump up and down saying "yes" I'm an extremely high pitched voice I didn't know I had. He embraced me, sliding the ring onto my finger. A perfect fit.

I grabbed my phone and went straight to instagram. I took a selfie of Ian kissing me my hand cupping his face showcasing the ring. I announced my engagement. Something I NEVER thought I would do. Well not when I was with Noah anyway....

.... why am I thinking about Noah? Now of all times.
The love of my life just proposed to me and I can't get that dickhead out of my head. What's wrong with me.

It's fine, I'm fine. I glanced over at Ian, he's holding two plane tickets to England. My home country. I laugh, jumping into his arms.

"We leave tomorrow so we can tell your parents the news in person. I wanted to make this as special as possible and I couldn't wait until we were in London to propose I had to do it now."

"This is perfect" I say. Tears slowly rolling down my cheeks. He's so kind and passionate, more than I could ever want. Nothing like Noah. In fact, completely opposite. He's caring, bright and witty whereas Noah is self-centred, dull and attention seeking...

I raced to my closet that night, grabbing all my winter clothes knowing that England would be freezing as it always is. I check the weather forecast and it looks clear with a bit of cloud. Maybe just bitter wind. I stuff my suitcase with fleeces jumpers, jeans and wellies.

I can't believe this is happening.

I'm engaged...

.....

To Ian