11:52 pm

xv || fifteen

ROSE CLAPPED her hands, and walked into the house. With a sigh, Ella left the car and followed her, Noah close behind her.

Rose was already in front of the TV, remote in hand and scrolling through Netflix. "How about Coco? Or Caroline? Was Hocus Pocus on here? We don't have anything on Netflix," she groaned, staring intently on the movies passing by.

Noah was close to Ella, his body angled towards her, and whispered, "I'm starting to think your sister doesn't want us to kiss. This was the second time she's interrupted us," Ella felt her cheeks getting warmer. They've never talked about their almost kiss, and it never happened again even though the air between them changed, filled with possibilities and what-ifs. But it seems like they were talking about it now.

"Trust me, I'm going to kill her."

Noah smiled, "But if you're in jail, then I'll never get the chance to actually kiss you. And trust me, I really do."

Ella's eyes widen. Something had come over Noah, he never talked like this before.

She liked it.

"Oh? Well, maybe waiting a bit will be good for you. You know what they say . . ." Ella paused, unsure exactly what people really said. "You know what they say," she concluded, waving a hand in dismissal.

"No, what do they say?" Noah said, his smile teasing. He knew she didn't know the answer.

Ella huffed, "I don't know, but something about it being sweeter after waiting."

"Well, then I'll wait an eternity for that sweet kiss," he said.

Ella was losing control of this conversation, and she felt the room growing hotter with each word Noah said. "But eternity, it's, uh, so long and—oh, forget it," she was a very horrible flirt.

Noah chuckled softly, but before he can answer, Rose exclaimed, "Okay! We're watching Coraline, let's go. Ella, could you make the popcorn?"

Ella was happy for an excuse to leave Noah's side and gain her composure. She went down to the basement and into the pantry where the popcorn bags were stored and spent the minutes it took to pop two bags with her back to the living area, focused on the microwave.

The way the numbers changed truly were fascinating.

When Ella returned with two bowls, one for Rose who was sitting on the love seat, and one to share for herself and Noah, who sat on the couch facing the TV. Rose hit start on the movie and the rolling credits appeared on the screen.

Ella could tell you nothing about what happened in the movie beyond there being a blue haired girl, and pretty animations. As the movie went on, she felt Noah shift closer and closer towards her. They were also bumping hands as they reached into the popcorn bowl. The feeling of his skin on Ella's sent electrical shocks throughout her body, and she would immediately pull her hand away. She didn't know why she pulled away, when in reality she would like nothing more than to be holding his hand.

When the movie ended, Rose stretched and yawned. She grinned at the two, who she noticed were sitting much closer now. Their sides nearly touching, and announced that she was so tired she couldn't possibly stay awake another minute.

It was getting late, and they did have school tomorrow. Ella walked Noah towards the front door, and he paused, turning towards her and smiling. "You know, one of these days I hope I'll get to kiss you without getting interrupted."

Ella smiled a bit, teasingly as she went up to the tips of her toes, close to Noah. She didn't know what had gotten into her, but she wanted to make Noah feel a bit of what he made her feel earlier.

And from the way his breathing quickened and shallowed, she was doing a good job.

Her lips almost touched his, and she felt them a bit as she spoke, "Then maybe you should figure out a way."

"Maybe," he whispered.

Ella smiled and she pulled away, satisfied with the slightly disappointed look that flashed through Noah's eyes. She couldn't stand that look though, and so she quickly kissed his cheek, the press of her lips barely there. "Goodnight, Noah," her cheeks felt flushed.

Noah was grinning, no longer disappointed. "Goodnight, Ella. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course," Ella said and stayed there at the door, watching as he walked to his car, waving at him as he pulled away, and only when she could no longer see his car from his position did she shut the door.

◯●◯●◯●◯

OPHELIA: Welcome, Ella, to the group chat!

OPHELIA: We apologize in advance for the many texts you'll receive

ELLA: I'm sure it's fine

KELSI: Yeah, we're not that bad

GAVEN: I once got 300 messages

GAVEN: In TWO hours

KELSI: Okay, yeah it can be too much

FEATHER: That's why I mute the conversation

HANNAH: Wait, you can do that? How come you didn't tell about this?

FEATHER: Tonight, babe ;)

ZACK: Get a room, you two

FEATHER: Happily

ZACK: Ignore her, Ella, she's always like this

FEATHER: Hey, you love that about me

ZACK: Sure

HANNAH: I do

OPHELIA: Okay, okay, enough with that

OPHELIA: Are you guys coming to my next swim meet? It's Saturday

FEATHER: Of course, sis

HANNAH: Yeah, I'll be there

GAVEN: I have practice in the morning but I'll be there after

ROSS: You know it

ZACK: Yeah obviously, I can't wait to see you crush everyone else

NOAH: Sorry I missed everything, but of course I'll be there

KELSI: I've got a doctor's appointment, but if I finish early I'll swing by

OPHELIA: Great. Ella, you coming?

ELLA: Yeah, I'll be there