Chapter 7

The entire time I was with Peter, I couldn't get the thought out of my head. Maybe it was some weird coincidence that both Peter and Spider-Man ordered the same thing.
Maybe Mr. Delmar was just exaggerating when he only knew one other person to order a number 5, with pickles and smooshed down flat.
"You okay Y/n?" Peter questioned, waving a hand in front of my face. "Oh yeah-yeah I'm fine."
"You sure? I've been talking for three minutes straight and you haven't interrupted once."
"I promise Peter. I'm fine."
I'm not fine, I'm confused. I thought. I had to settle this. "So Peter. What do you do outside of school?"
"I-uh-I, mainly just stuff for the Academic Decathlon. I used to be in band but I quit it for certain reasons I would rather not say. But other than that nothing really."
Well that wasn't the answer I was expecting.
I thought.
"Are you sure you're okay Y/n?" He asked again. I quickly shook my head. "No Peter. I'm sorry but I have to go."
"But Y/n-"
"I'm sorry Peter." I called.
Before Peter could say anything else, I grabbed my backpack and ran out of the shop. I took out my phone and began to text Ned.
~Y/n: Hey Ned would you mind texting me Peter's address?
~Ned: I believe it's Queens Boulevard, just off of 44th street. Seventh floor if I remember correctly
~Y/n: cool thanks
~Ned: Hold on a second... I thought you guys were hanging out with him after school? Are you still with him?
~Y/n: Not anymore. I have to drop something off and he isn't answering his phone.
~Ned: gotcha...well I'll see you at school.
After answering, I shoved my phone back in my pocket. I took a cab down to Peter's apartment. Let's face it, I wasn't thinking. I just had to get to the bottom of this. When I got to his apartment, a nice woman opened up the door.
" Hi is Peter here?" I questioned. I had to make sure he wasn't there.
"No he's not. Are you Y/n?" She asked.
"Yeah. Umm may I come in?"
"Of course. I'm his Aunt by the way. I'm sure he's told you."
"Yep, Aunt May. I'll just wait for him in his room." I insisted. She opened the door, letting me in and pointing to one of the doors down the hall.
I opened the door and saw a bunk bed, desk, and his closet on the side. I began to search. I didn't really know what I was looking for, just some sort of clue.
Then I saw something that somehow triggered an idea. A small opening in his ceiling, almost like some sort of storage space. I saw a broom in his closet that looked tall enough the reach it. I quickly grab it and hit the ceiling. I watched as it opened and something red and blue fall out. My hands fell upon it, hoisting it towards my chest.
My eyes lingered upon its sleek form. The red and blue colors mixed perfectly with the black lines. I noticed a small symbol on the chest of the suit. It was a spider.
"Y/n? What are you-oh no..." I could feel my eyes filling with tears. "It's not what it looks like." Peter cried, quickly shutting the door. "So you're not the Spider-Man. This is just some costume?" My tears filled down my cheeks and I stared into his eyes that were filled with worry.
"I wanted to tell you but I-"
"You what Peter?! You wanted to protect me?! I don't need you to protect me Peter and I sure as hell don't need Spider-Man to either." I screamed, slamming his suit down onto the floor and sprinting out the door.
My eyes were blurred with tears as I entered the busy city. All I could see were the outlines of people walking by.
As I ran, I noticed the shining of street lights twinkling around me. Car horns blared from all around, which made my head feel as though it was going to explode.
But all I could do was run.
I could hear people screaming but I didn't stop to listen. There was a sudden screeching of tires hurtling towards me.
I could see the outline of a white car, speeding towards me. Suddenly, my body went numb. "Y/n!" Someone screamed.
"No please!" They cried again.
"No Y/n! Stay with me! Please!"
I could see the outline of a boy with chocolate brown hair, just before everything went black.