ᎻᏌᎡᎢ ᎡᎬᎷᎾᏙᎬᎠ

Jonah's breathe quickened with the scream from her shattering through the ambience in fear

Jonah's breathe quickened with the scream from her shattering through the ambience in fear. Flinging out from behind the trunk he fell forward watching his best friend not react in time to Iris's voice stepping into an unsafe area, a piercing yell echoing through the clearing as his body was snatched up by vines being flung up in a trap none of them but the inquisitive two had worked out.

"get me down now" he yelled as an unknown scream in delight flew from a distance in the trees. Jonah did what he'd usually do, help and ran as fast as he could attempting to jump and grasp the vine hoping to break it or pull it down to save his bestfriend. As Iris watched everything still go in slow motion she witnessed his body sprint towards him but it was too late for either Corbyn or her to stop Jonah.

"Jonah no!" Corbyn yelled, his hands flying to his hair as the eldest's foot was placed directly in the centre of a lasso on the ground near the initial trap.

Zach was the distraction, Jonah was the prey.

Corbyn could hardly think as the boy's feet flew up and his body went dragging along the ground, bursting out of the area between a gap in the trees covered by ferns, whoever made this trap was like him and Iris, smart. Like a pause button Iris felt still as everything froze, what would she do? she barely knew this boy and all he had done for her was criticise with his eyes and given her attitude. But as quick as that thought was there, it was gone, he meant something to Zach and she didn't want to let down her new little brother.

"Iris wait!" Daniel called but she was gone, her muscles pumping, stitches bringing pain to her making her feel like she couldn't breathe or run after the boy. Jack was shocked by the whole situation and didn't know whether she would be alright and even if he tried, his feet was glued to the ground. she's temporary.

Jonah gruffest as he was dragged through plants and bushes and ferns, trying to grab onto anything as he was heaved through the earth's soil, sticks and logs scratching him intensively. He felt useless and weak, he never knew what this feeling felt like. Iris always felt the way he did but she kept her chin up. The determined girl ran as fast as her unsteady body could as she dashed through the trees, his body only a few meters ahead of her.

About 30 more meters away from the two, the distance growing smaller and smaller, sat the tinker who made the trap waiting for the vine to finally reach him with his prey tied to the end. His only weapon was ready and he felt competence with how everything had worked. The distraction, the bait, the strength in his creation and the easy way for him to kill any teenager big or small.

The boys remaining in the clearing began to panic, Zach horrified of what was going on. Jack's chest rose heavily his body hyperventilating at the situation.