ᏟᎻᎪNᏟᎬ

I sit up, a painful feeling pulsing through my body; like the last time I was injured but the flame hidden in my eyes

I sit up, a painful feeling pulsing through my body; like the last time I was injured but the flame hidden in my eyes. the trunk felt different, the darkness was gone, the sun still in the sky and the hoot of my owl never returning to protect me. I feel a large pain in my left side remembering everything had happened, and am enveloped by the same stench of rotting leaves of the ground floor that I was last night..
I know where I am this time. I try to rub away the unconscious feeling clouding my vision with the back of my right hand.

how am I alive? I flicker my eyes upon my surroundings of jack's green tent and the same towel and matt underneath me. reaching for my shirt I pull up seeing the compression band around my stomach again but no blood even with the pain and infection that I had seen before on my stomach.

where is jack? my head fills with confusion as I  recall his gentle hands stitching through the skin around my wound and his crying eyes,

why is it so quiet? my body fills with dread as I try to reach forward to unzip  the tent, my lower chest flooding with pain as I yank the small zipper down. exiting till I stand up wobbling with zero strength. my aqua eyes hit the new campsite the set up the same but the area different and sheltered, the truck standing tall and sturdy to the left by the edge of the new clearing. my chest rises and drops as I scan my eyes around looking for my new friends and the boy who saved my life once again. I walk forward staggering tired and hurting more than the last time I was in this situation trying to find the boys.

"you need to rest." my eyes widen as I turn in fear flinging myself too quickly around at the sound of someone. he backs away from my jolting arms swooping from them as I begin to fall back with no strength.

"woah woah woah." he grabs onto my waist, his hand going gently to the area aching on my abdomen. my breath hitches as I finally catch his brown orbs and the closesness of jack. I know who it is this time.

"I feel we have been here before" I whisper making him chuckle a little bit shrugging before he guides me to a small stump beside the fire, lowering me until I was seated safely.

"are you okay?"

"once again not dead" I smile slightly trying to avoid his eyes knowing the feeling that will crawl into my chest if I do

"the boys went fishing at the nearby river, about 1 kilometre away but I stayed to make sure you were alright" he said with slight withdrawal

"thank you, for fixing me again"

"you are crazy, in 24 hours I've had to stitch you back together twice" I laugh gently nodding as it was most definitely true and there was no way I could undo what happened.

"I can't believe you didn't throw up,"

"I've got a thick skin-" he muttered the cold edge still to his voice, I knew he didn't trust me but since I'm basically his patient we both knew there was some form of connection