2.4

"i think i do too"

as jaehyun and i watched boys over flowers we gradually became even more comfortable with being so close to one another.

my face wasn't as red and jaehyun's arm wasn't as stiff or sweaty, he was even tracing tiny patterns into the bare skin of my upper arm with his fingers.

we were relaxed, enjoying eachothers company until suddenly his phone vibrated in his pocket.

i sat up straight and he got his phone out of his pocket, his eyes widening as he quickly read the text message johnny had sent to him.

"uh minjae?" jaehyun spoke, panic laced in his usually relaxed voice.

"yeah?" i asked him, worried.

"the car that johnny was going to use to pick me up broke down..."

"did it really?" i asked him in disbelief, pausing the episode we were on with the remote.

he nodded and showed me the message johnny had sent him.

before i could say anything his phone buzzed again and another message from johnny popped up onto jaehyun's screen.

papa john:
hey but at least now
you have a chance to-

jaehyun quickly moved his phone away and it buzzed again, he gasped silently when he read the third message that had been sent to him.

"why is Johnny like this?" he asked himself quietly.

"beats me." i shrugged.

"i'll try and see if i can get a taxi to pick me up, i don't want to inconvenience you or make you-"

"but jaehyun," i interrupted him.

"yeah?" he asked, making eye contact with me again.

"your ankle is severely sprained." i reminded him.

"i don't think you'll be able to get in and out of a taxi by yourself."

"right." he said quietly, glancing at his cast.

"you're welcome to stay the night if that doesn't make you uncomfortable." i offered softly.

"but would it make you feel uncomfortable or nervous? i don't want to make you feel unsafe."

"no not really i don't think you're going to hurt me or anything."

"alright, thank you." he replied softly, briefly nibbling on his bottom lip before his phone buzzed again

he quickly read the message and informed me of the new information.

"johnny took it to the shop and i guess it's going to be ready by tommorow morning." jaehyun explained, typing a reply before silencing his phone and slipping it into his pocket.

"ah i see, well you can just stay here until the morning then."

"alright, thank you minjae. seriously."

"of course jaehyun."

after a few moments of silence i remembered a question i had been meaning to ask jaehyun this entire time.