2.7

"goodbye, skyscraper"

i woke up in jaehyun's comforting arms, his head resting in the crook of my neck. i could feel his warm breath faintly against my collarbones everytime he breathed.

truthfully i'm surprised that i fell asleep so quickly last night, i didn't even wake up in the middle of the night dehydrated and wondering what day it was like i normally do.

jaehyun stirred before slowly fluttering his sleepy eyes open.

he pressed his lips to the back of my neck before shuffling his position a little bit.

"good morning." he mumbled into my neck, his voice low and hoarse.

well that caught me off gaurd.

"good morning," i whispered, my throat feeling a little dry and scratchy.

there's that dehydration again.

suddenly i felt something vibrate and my eyes widened.

"did my ass just vibrate?" i whispered to myself in shock, not fully awake and able to really use all of my braincells.

jaehyun laughed and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"minjae it's my phone, not your butt."

"oh thank god," i mumbled, rolling around on my bed to face jaehyun.

his hair was slightly messed up but surprisingly he pulled it off. the power of jung jaehyun, everyone.

i, on the other hand, look like a two-year-old just did my hair.

"my hair probably looks like a rats nest," i said as i yawned, stretching my arms before wrapping then around jaehyun's neck.

"that would be an understatement," jaehyun teased me.

i scoffed at him and opened my mouth to speak.

"you sure know how to make a lady feel good about herself."

"i have a way with women, what can i say?" he shrugged.

"oh right, i forgot you're mr.magician," i said, snuggling up next to him.

"that's right."

"and do you remember what i make disappear?" he asked, wiggling his thick eyebrows.

i groaned and smacked my palm against my forehead.

"not this again."

"it was worth a shot."

suddenly his phone vibrated again and i panicked, immediately sitting up.

"minjae it's not your butt, calm down." he joked, pulling his phone out of his pocket and checking it.

"shit." he muttered under his breath.

"what?" i asked him.

"our manager is mad because he found out about me leaving for the night and johnny is here," jaehyun replied, sitting up on my bed.

i stood up and jaehyun scooted to the edge of my bed.

i handed him his crutches and he slowly stood up.

"i'm really sorry i have to leave so soon," jaehyun whispered.

"it's okay, i got enough of you last night after you ruffled my hair with pizza hands." i replied softly, staring at him with puppy dog eyes.

he looked at me with a hurt expression.

"hey, i let you get me back." he reminded me.

"mhm," i said as i got up and led him out of my bedroom.

"do you know how hard it is to take showers with this thing? let alone wash my hair?" he asked, gesturing towards his cast.

i shook my head.

"nope, i do not," i replied.

he sighed.

we reached the living room and someone began to knock furiously on the door.

"geez, i'm coming," i said, throwing my hands up in the air before running to the door.

jaehyun followed after me.

i opened the door to see johnny standing at my doorstep.

"hello, i'm here to steal your boyfriend."

ignoring the boyfriend comment i opened my mouth to reply.

"you can have him," i said, opening the door more so jaehyun could walk out of my apartment.

"damn, what did you do jaehyun? she's kicking you out without hesitation." johnny joked, lightly hitting jaehyun on the shoulder.

"i ruffled her hair with pizza grease on my hands."

johnny tsk'ed while shaking his head.

after jaehyun was fully out of my apartment he smiled sweetly at me.

"goodbye minjae." he said softly.

i smiled back at him.

johnny was already urging him to leave but jaehyun waited for me to say goodbye to him.

i walked up to him and pulled him into a hug, which looked pretty pathetic because of how short i am compared to him.

"goodbye, skyscraper."