3.1

"it's worth a shot"

jaehyun's point of view

as soon as i read minjae's message saying "you know i love you" my phone slipped out of my hands and landed face down onto on the hard kitchen tile.

just by the loud noise my phone made when it hit the floor i knew that it cracked at least a little bit.

now, what was i doing standing around in the kitchen? eating cereal of course.

i sighed and stared down at my phone laying face down on the floor, knowing i wouldn't be able to crouch down and pick it up without falling over.

at that exact moment, johnny walked into the kitchen.

"what's up, bro." he spoke as he opened the fridge and quickly browsing it before taking out a can of soda.

"i dropped my phone, can you pick it up for me?" i asked him anxiously, not wanting to leave minjae on read after she had sent me something so extreme. i don't want her to think i was ghosting her.

"sure," johnny replied, bending down and picking up my phone.

he gasped when he saw that the screen was completely shattered.

"that's not good," johnny said, gently handing my phone back to me.

i sighed and stared at its severely broken screen.

"it really isn't, especially since i was talking to minjae and she just said something very important," i explained.

"if i leave her on read she might take it the wrong way," i added, running my fingers through my hair out of frustration.

i groaned.

"i don't remember her number either, all i know is that one of the digits is a few off from taeyong's number," i admitted.

"that's tough," johnny said bluntly, patting my shoulder.

i frowned and tried to turn my phone on, only to stare back at my reflection displayed on it's dead screen.

"you could use my phone to text her if you wanted, y'know, since your phone is busted." he added, reaching into his pocket and taking his phone out of it, hanging it to me.

"i'm not going to go through the countless numbers and text each one, johnny," i replied, staring at his phone that was now in my hand.

johnny shrugged and grabbed a drink out of the fridge before walking back into his bedroom.

"it's worth a shot."

A/N: thank you guys so much for almost 100k reads aaa pls go check out my other book thorns 🥺🥺🤧💕💕