3.4

"probably"

minjae's point of view

i sigh and toss my phone onto my bed after reading jaehyun's final text message to me. i can't believe he still thinks i'd leave him for johnny.

"i kissed him not johnny damn it!" i shout, kicking my bedpost and falling to the ground a moment later.

"ouchie," i mutter under my breath as i rub my aching foot, kicking my bedpost might not have been the smartest idea i've ever had.

queso enters my bedroom and walks over to me, meowing in my face and arching her back.

"at least you care, Queso," i whisper softly as i pet her gently.

i stand back up and queso jumps up at my legs, gently scratching them. she must want me to play with her.

"not now baby, i'm going to sleep."

queso hisses at me before scurrying out of my room, as if she understood my words.

i sigh before turning my bedroom light off and walking back over to my bed.

i flop down onto my sheets and close my eyes before dozing off to the sound of queso faintly meowing in the hallway.

i really need to get queso a friend.

***

jaehyun's point of view

i stare at the message screen for a good two minutes while i wait for minjae to text me back.

i was sure she'd reply any second, but she didn't.

i sigh and quickly delete our messages so johnny wouldn't go through them- not that i think he would but, you know.

i was still curious as to why minjae didn't text me goodnight, she did read the message i sent her, didn't she?

i swatted my thoughts away before i could keep overthinking this. after all, she probably just fell asleep. it's late.

i stand up from my bed with the help of my crutches and slowly walk into my kitchen.

i see johnny standing in the kitchen making a smoothie and i hand him his phone.

"here," i speak, causing him to look at me.

"thanks." he replies, gently taking his phone out of my outstretched hand and slipping it into his pocket.

"how'd it go?" he asks curiously, fidding with the blender settings.

"fine," i mutter under my breath, beginning to turn around but stopping once i hear johnny speak.

"you seem tense." he blurts out.

i stare blankly at the floor, not knowing how to react. maybe i do feel a little tense.

"did something happen with minjae?" he asks worriedly, his eyebrows furrowed.

"no it's just-" i say, finally looking up from the floor.

"i think i made her mad, she didn't text goodnight back to me."

johnny chuckles, catching me by surprise.

"you really like this girl don't you?" he asks, grinning widely.

"of course I do," i reply with a nod.

"do you love her?" he asks.

"do i wh-"

"sorry, it's just that you seem so upset over this and it might not even be that big of a deal, she probably just fell asleep, i'm not used to seeing you overthink things so intensely." he interrupts.

"oh."

"just go to bed and try not to worry about it, i'm sure she's not mad at you," johnny hums, adding some more yogurt to his smoothie.

his words made me feel at ease.

"thank you," i say softly before walking out of the kitchen and back into taeyong and i's shared bedroom.

since taeyong is out somewhere- most likely the store, i decide just turn off the lights and go to sleep.

i flick the light switch off  floped onto my bed, immediately relaxing.

the conversation that johnny and i had moments before caused a question to pop up in my mind.

"do i love minjae?"

i ask myself this question countless times until finally, i decide on an answer.

if i'm being completely honest here, this question didn't take that long to answer, because the answer is yes, yes i do love min minjae.

and i know that no matter what,

i always will.

... probably