1.2

"minjae?"

minjae's point of view

while texting jaehyun and arranging plans to meet up with him, for some reason, it didn't fully register within my nugget-filled brain that i was actually going to be seeing him face to face for the first time ever, something i had thought about nonstop since well... we started talking?

i quickly shooed my pointless thoughts away and watched the time flash on my phone's lockscreen, smiling when i saw my jaehyun wallpaper.

"only two hours left until seven..." i said to myself quietly.

"i guess i should start getting ready then."

i sat up on my plush bed and stretched my arms out as far as i could reach just to pet queso who for some reason was laying down on the opposite side of my bed.

i swung my short legs to the edge of my bed and reached out to touch my toes, feeling- and hearing my back crack at the movement.

"OW FUCK" i groaned, relief washing over me after the pain passed.

"i'm an old lady already." i said before standing up and walking towards my dresser, taking out a fluffy oversized sweater and a pair of mom jeans i had already worn thrice that week.

"i am a fashion icon!" i exclaimed sarcastically before slipping out of my pajama pants and shimmying into my skinny jeans, putting my sweater on afterwards.

i then strutted into my bathroom and began to untangle the rats nest that is my hair. after that i checked the time on my phone once more and realized that only a few minutes had gone by.

i sighed and lazily plopped down onto my bed, next to queso.

"why are you so eager to meet him anyway you don't like him do you...?" i asked myself, my eyes planted on the ceiling.

i felt a slight flutter in my stomach as i thought about jaehyun's dreamy smile

"ew no don't catch cooties minjae you have so much to live for."

jaehyun's point of view

i felt only a little hurt after receiving minjae's last message to me. could it be she's the kind of person to display affection through teasing? probably, well at least i hope.

for someone that i've known for such a short period of time, i'm surprisingly attached to her. i find myself thinking about her throughout the day and smiling? taeyong keeps catching me randomly smiling and hes beginning to suspect that something's up.

i of course, cant blame him. i would be the same way if one of my bros just started smiling at cereal as he ate it, staring blankly into the bowl and making it quite obvious his mind was elsewhere.

"what are you thinking about so deeply as you eat cereal, jaehyun?" doyoung asked me suddenly, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

caught in the act

"nothing much." i lied, mixing my spoon around in my now soggy cereal.

"alright if you say so." doyoung replied, shrugging the conversation off before sitting down next to me and beginning to peel a tangerine.

i felt some of the citrus squirt me in the eye and i winced before smiling as the thought of seeing minjae soon crossed my mind.