Chapter 3;

It was around 9;30 when Michael, Luke and Melody finally got home, Mel was very grumpy and was ready for bed but insisted on staying up with Michael and her daddy whilst they watched a movie, but after 5 minutes she was dead to the world on Luke's lap.

Now it was quarter to midnight and Michael and Luke found themselves having deep and meaningful conversations.

"Have you thought about dating again? It's been a while.." Michael watched Luke intently. "I don't know? I don't want to confuse Mel, like what if she really grows attached to her then we break up?" Luke rubbed his hands over his eyes. "But Melly needs someone, like when she's older and 'that' situation comes.," "I can talk to her about periods and things Michael," he rolled his eyes, "dude, you-" "she can talk to my mum if she doesn't want to talk to me!" Luke was always touchy on the relationship subject. "You know Samantha isn't gonna come back.." Michael spoke in a soft voice. "Yeah, I'm aware of that Mike, I'm just focusing on me and Melly right now. Maybe in a few years?" Michael nodded in understanding.

The two boys were disturbed when they heard a faint call for 'daddy' coming from the top of the stairs. "Looks like I'm heading to bed, night man!" Luke quickly stood, going to tend to his daughters needs.

"What's wrong baby?" Luke lifted Melody up and she rested her head in his neck. "Can I sleep with you please daddy," she spoke with a yawn, "yes Melly," Luke left a kiss on her head and tucked her into the side of the bed that wasn't Luke's side, then he went to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

He then got into bed and pulled Melody close to his chest, "daddy, can we have ice cream for breakfast?" Melody seemed wide awake now, whereas Luke was slowly falling asleep. "C'mon Melly, time to sleep." He tried to relax her by stroking her hair. "Did you know one time uncle Mikey gave me ice cream for breakfast."

"Well I'm going to yell at uncle Mike tomorrow then, but we need to go to sleep now okay? Then we can have ice cream tomorrow at lunch," Melody let out a small excited squeal then quickly kissed Luke's cheek, "goodnight daddy, I love you!" "Love you to baby."

//////

"You two better wake up soon! It's almost noon!" Luke woke to Michael standing in his door way with a goofy smile on his face. He looked down to see Melody slowly waking up, "you must've been a very tired girl!" Luke softly tickled her tummy. "Can you guys get ready so we can go out for lunch, we haven't had a free day for a long time!" Michael whined, still standing at door. "We have the next two weeks off Mike, can't we have a lazy day today?" Luke sighed and attempted to cuddle into Melody. "No! Now you two better get up now or I'll get the water bucket." Michael tried to speak in a stern voice but ended up laughing and walking away.

"Uncle Mike said lunch? That means ice cream!" Melody jumped from the bed and ran out of Luke's room, which he sat confused how she had just woken up but had so much energy.

Luke stretched for a few minutes, then finally got up and got changed into a new outfit.

He entered Melody's room to find that she had thrown all her clothes out of her wardrobe, "what in the world are you doing?" Luke sighed dramatically. "I can't find my pretty skirt!" Melody had a pout held on her lips and her arms crossed over her chest. "It's right here Mel!" He walked over to her desk chair and grabbed it, "quickly get dressed and we can clean this up later okay? Do you need help?" Melody shook her head no and pointed for Luke to leave her room.

He knew not to go to far because Melody always told him to leave, but then a few minutes by herself she needed help.

He waited at her door until he heard a small groan and whinny noise come from the other side. He opened the door to see that Melody was trying to get her head through the arm hole of the shirt.

Luke began laughing and after he helped his struggling daughter she playfully slapped him on the arm.

"Let's go daddy!" Melody took off down the stairs, she slipped on her belle flats and waited at the door impatiently.

{sorry it's a short & boring chapter xx}