The First Fight - Chapter 5

I was so excited! I had set up this beautiful date for Adim and the best part was, it would be televised. He had said it was his dream to design and this way, maybe he could get some clients. I adjusted one of the fur rugs I had brought in when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. Lupita opened it.

"Hey, Lupita, is Kerttu here?" It was Shaan.

"She is!" she replied giddily, quickly moving out of the room. So Shaan had two supporters on the inside: my mom and Lupita.

"How do you do it?" I asked, genuinely curious. "You somehow got Mom and Lupita to..." It was then I noticed the look in his eyes as he made his way over to me across the room. They were filled with desire and something else I couldn't quite put a name on. "Are you ok-"

He held my face with both of his hands, his breathing alarmingly deep and powerful. He began to lean in then hesitated. He was asking for permission. I nodded and his lips went crashing into mine.

It was different than every other kiss we had ever shared. This one was hungry, impatient, and demanding. He required all of my attention and I quickly gave it to him. We were somehow pressed against the wall now, his kisses rapidly switching between my face and my lips, it was dizzying.

His tongue massaged their way around the bottom of my lip which caused him to groan and for me to gasp. Shaan took advantage of the parting, his tongue entering the gap. I inadvertently moaned, my arms desperately reaching for him. One of his legs pressed in between mine, making the kisses even more passionate.

"Are you okay?" I asked intermittently, whenever we paused. He raspily breathed into my neck, his hands reaching for my back.

"I'm fine." He pressed me to him so that we were chest to chest and his hands began untying the back of my dress. His fingers weaved their way in and out of the material causing my breath to hitch.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

My dress fell to the ground, revealing the slip underneath. Shaan studied my body, swallowing hard. I had never been this exposed with a boy before but with Shaan, I didn't mind. It was then I realized what he had just done

"We can't....you know that, right?"

He didn't respond, instead biting at my ear. I moaned again, which I really needed to stop. But with Shaan, it was very hard not to. He moved to my jaw, his hands pressed against the stomach of my slip. I shivered under his touch. His movements had slowed, making me even more delirious. He navigated to my neck, nipping at it.

"Don't go on that date," he whispered, his starched button up itching my skin. "Don't go."

That's when everything shattered. I pushed him away from me. "Is that what this is about?" I rapidly put my dress back on, infuriated. "What is the matter with you?"

"I just-" he weakly argued but I immediately cut him off.

"What were you expecting to happen? For us to make out or more so that I wouldn't have time? You can't control my Selection, Shaan! What the hell is wrong with you?"

He looked like he was in pain as he clawed for words. "You have no idea how hard it is."

"To not be manipulative?" I asked, tying the back of my dress in the mirror. "It's not that hard."

"No! To see...you...and those other guys." He ran his hand through his hair before realizing that he had cut it. "It makes me...crazy!"

"Get out, Shaan," I said, shaking my head. He had went too far this time.

"I'm falling in love with you," he stated. He sounded like he was choking. "I'm falling in love with you."

I had never heard those words before. They filled me with so much warmth and happiness...then I remembered what he had just done. "I'm falling for you too but if you are just using this so I won't go on my date-"

"I'm not."

"Get out," I ordered. "I can't trust you right now." I had never seen him so crestfallen. He exited the room without another word. What had I just done?

Adim and I did our televised design date. He redecorated a palace room and got his name commemorated on the wall. He was so happy. I mustered up my best smiles but all I could think about was Shaan. What had I just done?