Chapter 6: Photo Evidence and Kitchen Table Conversations

I was sleeping so well, I honestly couldn’t remember the last time my pillows were so comfortable or when my bed had been this warm and comforting. Suddenly I was pulled from my wonderful sleep when I heard snickering and a couple flashes of bright light when off. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Trey, Adam, James, and Taylor standing in my room “what are you guys doing in my room?” I asked confused.

They just started laughing harder “what are you guys…” I didn’t get to finish my question of asking what they were laughing at because I suddenly felt arms tighten around my waist and someone shift behind me “ahhh!” I screamed as I flung myself off the couch “what the hell?!” I yelled. Dixon jumped and started to look around frantically for the source of the screaming “what’s wrong?” he asked his eyes finally landing on me “are you okay?” he asked. I gave him a weird look, trying to figure out why I was on the couch with Dixon; suddenly it all came back to me. “Oh my god” I said, “Emm” Dixon said getting up and approaching me, I held up my hand to stop him and turned towards my brothers and my best friend.

“Hand it over” I told them, “What are you talking about?” Taylor asked “oh please Tay don’t even try to act innocent” I told her. “Wait what do you guys have?” Dixon asked, “oh just a little something I like to call photo evidence” Trey pulled out his Nikon camera from behind his back. “You took a picture of us while we were asleep?” Dixon, “no Santa Clause was here and I had to get a picture of him” Trey retorted. “Don’t be an ass, just show me the picture” Dixon said walking up next to Trey.

“No don’t show him the picture, give me the camera so I can delete the picture” I snapped trying my best to get the camera, “aww but Emmy it’s such a cute picture” Taylor whined. “Ugh! Why are you even here I was told you were banned” I glared at Trey, “Emmy listen…” Trey started but I held up my hand “save it big bro! I don’t feel like hearing it” I grabbed Taylor’s hand and started dragging her towards my room.

“Emmy!” I turned around to see Dixon standing at the end of hallway, “yeah?” I asked, he walked up to me “I just wanted to say I had a really great time tonight. Best date I’ve ever had” he leaned down and kissed my cheek, I felt myself blush instantly, he smiled at me and winked before going back down the hallway to the living room.

I looked over at Taylor; she seemed to be just as stunned as I was about what just happen. “Okay you are so spilling the beans right now!” Taylor squealed and dragged me into my room; we walked over to my bed and got comfortable as I started the very long story from what had happen when we left the gym till what she had just walked in on in the living room.

“So you like him?” she asked, “what? No! I mean maybe, ugh I don’t know!” I exclaimed, “it’s okay if you do Emmy, I mean it’s pretty clear he likes you” I frowned at her “what if he’s just messing with me?” I whispered. “Emmy, look in the years we’ve been best friends, which by the way has been forever, I’ve never once heard him call you by your first name” she pointed out, “yeah so what’s your point” I shrugged, “you do realize that he called you Emm and Emmy out there in the living room right” I thought about it, OH MY GOD HE DID, he called me Emm.

“What is going on?” I asked, “I’m not totally sure but if I had to guess I would say there’s about to be a big firework show and Dixon and you are lighting them” she had this big goofy grin on her face.  “What’s that look on your face for?” I ask laughing, “You cuddled with Dixon!” she teased “shut up!” I felt my cheeks heating up, “oh you so liked it, didn’t you?!” she pointed at me. “Taylor!” I hid my face in my hands, “holy hay bales! You more than liked it your loved it” she squealed.