Chapter 33

Jaemin's POV

"Jaemin!" Hyuck yelled as he pushed me away taking the attack that was supposed to be mine. I watched how my best friend bled and got kicked harshly.

"You wish." A back appeared in front of me, a very familiar figure is shielding me from an attack again.

How many times did she saved me already?

I wonder how many wounds did she receive just to protect me.

I wonder how much pain she feels every after a fight but still shows her smile.

I wonder how wonderful she can get.

"Jae go to Hyuckie." She said smiling again as if there's no fight going on.

The smile that makes me feel that everything's gonna be fine.

The smile that makes me think that we will get through this together.

The smile that fools me every single time.

I saw how she lost her first wing but she still stood up to attack. The opponent attacked her like there's no tomorrow to the point that she could only protect herself. Despite of her not attacking, I feel glad that she protects herself. I know how stupid she can get but at least now she's thinking, her wings are full of wounds but she didn't mind, she charged in but instead of harming the enemy, her wings got caught.

I saw her struggled.

I saw her pained face because of her wings being pulled.

I saw a tear dropped from her eyes looking at me.

I saw how she smiled at me telling me 'It's okay' as her wings got pulled out of her body.

I saw her body fall on the hard floor as she bathes with her own blood.

I saw how she died and turned into a crystal breaking into glitters vanishing from my eyes.

I saw it all and all I can do is watch.

"Jaemin-ah.. Jaeminnie wake up. Hey.." I heard a soft voice shaking me, I opened my eyes and I saw Hyuck glancing down at me.

"Hyuckie.." I got up hugging him tight, crying on his shoulders.

"Why do I have to be weak? Why did she protect me? If weren't for me she'll be alive now and hugging me.. Hyuckie it's my fault."

"Nana.." Hyuckie called me pushing me back a little, breaking our hug. He cupped my face and wiped my tears using his thumbs as he smiled softly.

"It isn't your fault. It is her choice to protect you, it's our choice to protect you. You shouldn't blame yourself for something that is not your fault." He said slightly squishing my cheeks. My tears started to fall again as I looked at him feeling sorry. I hugged Hyuckie and buried my face on his chest as he started to caress my hair and sing.

When this rain this rain falls on my head
I'll get all wet, even my heart
Stay with me
I still can't be in the rain alone without you

I'm still young
I'm still a bit scared
Though I know it'll stop soon
I'm looking for you

I remembered how alone I feel even with Jaehyun-hyung are there for me. I feel so lost but she came and told me everything that keeps me in the dark. She came to make me feel what is a real family is like. She came and got me too attached to her.

Will it stop now?
These raindrops, these tears?
I don't want to get wet with rain and tremble with cold
Someday the cold rain will become warm tears and fall down
It's alright, it's just a passing downpour

It's just a passing downpour
It's how I feel
After I met you
I haven't lost the happy memories to the rain

Happy memories. We have made a lot in a short time that we've been together, even when I still didn't know the truth about her. She became my friend, that kind of friend that spreads idiocy and tender care at the same time. I remembered how we bicker on small things but teams up in the end like idiots. I remembered all the stupid things I did with her like sneaking out at night just to worry Jeno and Suji and when we get scolded we'll point fingers at each other then bicker to no end. We won't give a fuck with one another of like how many minutes but ends up hugging each other before we go to sleep. There's a lot actually and I'm not letting go on any of it.

When the rain stops
Let's meet again
We will smile again and be together

Will it stop now?
These raindrops, these tears?
I don't want to get wet with rain and tremble with cold
Someday the cold rain will become warm tears and fall down
It's alright, it's just a passing downpour

I can feel Hyuckie's hand tightened around me and hear his voice cracking and shaking. He's crying. I'm not the only one hurt. All of us our in pain, she left in front of us. She left us without proper goodbyes not letting us prepare. All of us doesn't know who to blame, we need someone to rise us back. Hyuckie's sobs became audible as he sings as I felt another arm wrap around me from the back and another soothing voice filling the air.

I'm getting all wet right now
I don't even have the strength to open an umbrella
But we know let me just cry for a moment
As I lean on the rain, so you won't see our sad tears

Now goodbye

"We can do this. Stop crying now, you two." Renjun said smiling at the both of us wiping our tears as he made us face him.

"You know what? Kaira would be laughing at you guys crying especially you Hyuck." Renjun joke chuckling that both smiles on our faces.

"rEoLlie?! Even in her death she continues to be a mean girl." Hyuckie said as he rolls his eyes but with a smile in the face.

"Welp they say people doesn't change after death." I said smiling looking at her bracelet on my wrist.

"But she's not a human Jaem." Hyuck said sounding innocent.

"Aish just pretend that it goes the same way for them." I whined making them laugh as we hugged each other for the last time. Now I need to tell something to Jeno, I can't stay like this. I can't stay being weak and being protected. I don't want to have regrets anymore.