Chapter 3

The following day, all the other pending rituals were completed and life was back to normal. Annika didn't had a hard time to mingle with the family members as they already adore her, especially Dadi. Though she was still a bit reserved to the elders, owing to the environment in which she was brought up, everyone tried their level best to make her feel comfortable. Within just a week, she gelled up with everyone and was no longer the same shy Annika anymore. Shivaay, on the other hand, got busier with his office works but only busy enough to keep him in the office during the office hours. He used to bring back work to home but after a strong reprimand from Jhanvi, he had stopped it. 

Their mornings began together with a cup of coffee and breakfast. They loved their little private coffee moment before hitting the breakfast table as that's when they talk. Then, Shivaay leaves to the office along with his father and uncle while Annika becomes busier with the other members of the family. She gives fashion advises to Priyanka, his younger sister. And takes a special gym training session with Rudra A.K.A. Rudy. Rudy and Priyanka were just fraternal twins for namesake. Their behaviour was strikingly opposite and they always, always faught for Annika's attention. She had became their best friend after all.

Apart from that, she spends her time with Jhanvi and helps her to cook. Dadi's stories always amused Annika. Unlike typical Dadi's who only talk religious stuffs, Dadi used to talk about her romance with Dada. She learned from Dadi that their husbands were very much alike and that Shivaay got his unique eye colour from his grandfather. Then, at night, Shivaay and Annika talk to each other about how their day went and cuddle to sleep. On Sundays, Shivaay, being true to his words thought Annika how to cook. Whenever she ruins a dish, he just knew how to mend them.

A few days passed by and one night, Shivaay was struggling with a deal contract. All the clauses seemed to be perfect but something about it was off and Shivaay sensed that it might bring a loss to the Oberoi Industries if not identified. He went through the file over and over again but still, there was nothing. Finally, having had enough, he gave up and threw the file in frustration.

"Ouch!" He heard Annika's voice crying in pain.

When he turned around, he saw her by the door of their room, rubbing her left ankle while the file was right next to her feet.

"Oh no! Did the file hit you? I'm so sorry Annika!" Shivaay apologized as he walked towards her and helped her to the bed.

"Shivaay, I'm fine. It was just a file. It didn't hurt much. I'm absolutely fine! Don't worry about this!" She gave her most genuine smile.

"Stop doing that Annika! Don't be fine with everything. How can you tolerate this? If there's anything that's bothering you, you should fight yourself! How many times must I say this to you?" Shivaay retorted, mostly due to the clouding of stress and concern for her.

"Shivaay, what are you talking?"

"I'm saying that if someone hurts you, get angry! Get angry at me for hurting you!" Shivaay roared.

Annika couldn't help but broke into fits of laughter when she heard that from him.

"Oh my God! Shivaay, you are being really very cute right now!" Annika cracked up as she pulled his cheeks.

"What?!" He was surprised to look at his wife's reaction. Wasn't she supposed to be angry?

"Annika, what exactly are you trying to do?" Shivaay questioned her upon finding his wife laughing like a mad person.

"I'm not trying to do anything husband dearest! It's just that you're being so cute right now! Get angry at me, scold me!" She tried imitating him, but failed badly as she cracked up again.