Chapter 4

The awards was nothing like how Annika had imagined. It was way more grandeur and prestigious. She had expected it to be like in the TV, but it was way better than everything that she had watched her entire life. The entire banquet hall was screaming out posh and lavishness at each and every corner. They were guided by an usher to their designated seats. The Oberois had a special place for them. Even the Trivedis has attended this kind of award shows, but the privilege that the Oberois were receiving was par the best that the Trivedis had ever received. Now she knew why the Oberois were considered to be nothing less than the royals in the business industry. Yet, each and every member of the family were so down to Earth and humble.

"Nervous?" Shivaay whispered to her as they began the ceremony.

"A little!" She whispered back to him with a nervous smile.

"I'm with you!" He assured her as he took her hand into his, lacing their fingers together.

And that evening, the big win belonged to the Oberois! They had won in almost every category that they were nominated. Annika had gotten the most-promising new face in industry. Shivaay, as usual, won the best businessman award of the year for three consecutive years now! And it wasn't a surprise when Shivaay and Annika won the most powerful couple in the industry that year. To their surprise, there was even a best dressed award given for the attendees which was also taken by Shivaay and Annika. They only missed several award categories where they weren't nominated. Soon, after the award ceremony was over, Rudy was jumping in excitement that he needs a proper picture of his Bhaiyaa and Bhabhi with all the awards they had swept that night. Since they only had a few, Priyanka gave them all the trophies that the Oberois won and made them pose for the camera. While Annika stood with four trophies in her hand with a wide smile, Shivaay held three in his hands and had kept his right hand over Annika's shoulder upon the twins' insistence.

 While Annika stood with four trophies in her hand with a wide smile, Shivaay held three in his hands and had kept his right hand over Annika's shoulder upon the twins' insistence

Soon after, the after awards party was begun. Jhanvi insisted the younger Oberois to have some fun while she and Tej leave with all their winning trophies. Shivaay and Annika entered the party area a while later after sending off Tej and Jhanvi. They were greeted and complimented by almost everyone there. Finally, when they got off the crowd, Shivaay asked Annika for a dance. Much to his delight, as soon as they went to the dance floor, the song was changed from a fast track one to the most romantic song of the year, Perfect by Ed Sheeran.

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine 

"You know, this song is so perfect for us!" Shivaay whispered into her ear as he pulled her closer into him by her waist. 

"True, but, I am supposed to be the one singing this for you!" Annika replied back as she rested her head on his chest.