Chapter 7

Slightly Mature ;)

"I guess these two sisters have forgotten us already!" Om sighed to Shivaay as the few last guests were leaving the exhibition.

The exhibition was a huge success and all of Om's painting except for one was sold out. That painting was of a cute couple, unlike the other abstract painting of him. It has a silhouette of the guy trying to pluck a star from the sky with the aid of a ladder while the girl awaits at the bottom of the ladder. That particular piece of art was very well praised and loved by everyone, but they were more interested to buy the abstract paintings which had hidden meaning instead of that.

"This painting is amazing Om!" Shiva praised him as he looked at the beautiful blend of the blue and black hues with certain gold and white sparkle scattered throughout the sky, with the river below it showing a perfect reflection of everything that's happening above, on the ground and in the sky!

"What actually inspired you to paint this?" Shivaay questioned him.

"Gauri of course! But not in the sense of romance, actually!"

"Then? This is so romantic, I mean..."

"At a first glance, everyone will say that, but, if you asked the artist, there would be totally another story to it! You see Shivaay, the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. You decide how you see the painting. Some people say that your inner feelings affects what you see and how you perceive it. For an instance, show an angry person a red and black painting, he would perceive that its anger and hatred mixed together. Now, show the same painting to a person who's irrevocably in love with someone, he would say that it is the love crawling out of the darkness, lighting up their life! That's why artists never explain their work of art. At times, we just randomly mix the colours and let our feelings take control. Now, coming to this painting, this wasn't romantic because Gauri always, always get irritated when the typical Indian dialogue is spoken, 'I'll pluck all the stars and the moon for you'. She just hates it! She thinks that there's no logic in it. So, I made this for her to simply irritate her!" Om chuckled, remembering how they had fought that day when he painted this.

"Wow! I'm sorry, but I'm not a very artistic person. I'm fact, I just understood these things when you said them!" Shivaay exclaimed.

"Can I buy this?" He asked abruptly.

"What?"

"Can I buy this? I mean, it's for sale right?"

"Yeah! But I thought you just said that you aren't an artistic person!" Om pointed out.

"I am certainly not, but I want to get this for my wife. New year's gift for her!" Shivaay grinned.

"Okay, you can give this to Annika after your passionate time together!" Om teased him.

"Shut up, Om! You know, I thought you are a very matured person, but you're just like my little brother, Rudy."

"Then I'll definitely have to meet him!" Om exclaimed.

"Of course you will! By the way, are you serious about talking to Gauri's family? I mean, Annika's parents are fine but the rest of them, they are just too orthodox and traditional!"

"She misses them, Shivaay. Who else if not you would understand what I'm going through whenever I saw her weeping silently just because she's missing her family. Now, come what may, I'll get her to her family. I should at least try rather than being idle!"

"And, I'm there in this with you guys! You're like my brother too!" Shivaay and Om, being ultimately grateful for what they had just shared hugged each other.