Part Three

Jessi and stood against the railing of the chasm, laughing over Eric's stupidness. For someone who's originally from Erudite, he sure is an ignorant bastard. What he did gain from the Erudite is his trait of being an attention-whore.

"He seriously accused you of having sex with Sutter?" Jessi laughed.

"Yup"

"Wow, what an idiot. He amazes me sometimes"

"Like how is he a Dauntless leader?"

"I know right!"

"Eric is such a fucking hard-ass"

"Totally. He needs to take that broom out of his ass and calm the fuck down"

I began to laugh heartily.

"I'm gonna get going Al, see ya tomorrow"

"Yeah Imma go too"

We left the chasm and went our separate ways. After I left Jessi, I was suddenly violently slammed up against a wall. A hand covered my mouth to prevent the large gasp in my throat.

Eric.

His other hand dominated my hip. He slowly peeled his hand from my mouth and put it flat against the wall, sealing me in. I attempted to push him off but Eric was a fucking brute! I could feel his breath on my face. 

"What do you want, Eric?" I growled viciously.

"So I'm a hard-ass huh?"

Shit. Keep a straight face Alice. Keep a straight face.

"You were eavesdropping on us?!"

"You were talking about me so does it really matter?"

I gulped dryly. But the dry lump in my throat reappeared when I felt Eric's calloused fingers move underneath my shirt, feeling my bare hip. His nose skimmed mine. I closed my eyes, his mouth just centimeters from mine.

Why did I want him to kiss me?

"You're pathetic" he whispered.

I should have known this was some cruel trick of his. He pulled away, smirked slyly, and left down the darkened hall.