This is a bit of a messy chapter, the next one shouldn't be, but no promises.

T.W. Mentions of homophobia (I guess?)

Virgil sat atop the counter, watching his boyfriends bustle about, making some form of breakfast, and it made him smile.

He smiled and pulled Logan closer to him, when he passed by, letting out a small noise of surprise at Virgil pulling him closer.

"Logan." He murmured into his ear, and giggled softly when Logan's eyes fluttered shut. "I love you." His voice was silky, and he knew Logan melted when he spoke that way. He usually did it to mess with him, and to be an inconvenience, but it was fun nonetheless.

"Virgil, please." He turned around in Virgil's hold, and looked up at him. "You shouldn't be sat there, and I need to help Patton with breakfast."

"No you don't, I need you to stay with me, I'm lonely." He whined, dragging out the y on lonely.

"Virgil, please."

"Logan." He pouted, and Logan sighed, glancing at Patton and Roman, who seemed to have anything under control.

"Fine, five minutes." Logan rolled his eyes at Virgil fondly, and smiled.

"Yay." Virgil smiled, and pulled Logan closer to the counter, making it easier to share a kiss.

"Virge?" Patton called over, and Virgil glanced at him, smiling weakly. "I need Logan to help, if you want to help, then that's great, but I need Logan to help."

"But I'm lonely." He sighed, and let his arms drop from Logan's shoulders.

"Sorry, love." Logan smiled sadly, and pressed a quick kiss to his lips, before going back to help Patton.

Virgil slipped out of the kitchen, and went to sit on the back porch, letting his music filter from his phone.

The door creaking open caused him to pause his music, and look to his boyfriend.

"Hey." He smiled weakly, and reached out to hold Logan's hand. "What's up?"

"Patton told me to make sure you were okay."

"I'm fine. I just figured that I wasn't needed there, so there was no point in staying, especially when you're all busy." He leaned against Logan, and looked out into Patton's back yard.

Logan nodded, and wrapped his arm around Virgil's waist, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. 

"Has your mother attempted contact with you?"

"No. I doubt she misses me though."

"Virgil-"

"No, she really doesn't, I'm not important to her, and I don't care. I don't much like her anyway." His voice slowly quietened down, and he sighed. "I'm sorry, I just don't want her bringing up, I want to have a good day with you guys, and not have her on my mind." He drew Roman's jacket tighter around him, and closed his eyes, trying not to let himself get carried away.

"It is okay." Logan reminded him, and he smiled.

"Sometimes, I wonder if it is."

"Why?"

"Because if it was okay, she wouldn't be like this."

"She doesn't understand."

"So? The teachers don't understand, yet they make sure to ask, and they want to make sure I'm comfortable, and happy, she doesn't care!"

"I highly-"

"Would you stop defending her!" Virgil stood up, and turned to face Logan, a slight fire in his eyes. "She doesn't like me. She doesn't want me. I don't want her, and I don't care. She doesn't care about me, and I don't care about her. It doesn't matter! Please just stop. I didn't tell you these things so you could defend her, I just wanted to talk to you. There is no excuse for her to be that way, and you defending her doesn't help!"

"Virgil I-"

"Leave me alone."

"But I-"

"I said leave!" Virgil bit the inside of his cheek, and only when Logan had gone inside, did he sit back down, and buried his face in his hands, trying to calm himself down. He knew Logan only wanted to help, but he wasn't helping.

The next time someone came out to him, was when Patton came to tell him breakfast was ready, to which he said he wasn't hungry, and he was left alone again.

He let his music play, and he didn't much care about talking to anyone. He knew he got that way when he started feeling uncomfortable in himself, but he couldn't figure out why he would be feeling uncomfortable, he was sure he was a he.

"Virgil?" A timid voice spoke from behind him, and he turned to see Patton. Neither said anything, but just sat next to one another, not feeling the need to say anything.

Before long, Virgil leaned against Patton, and let himself cry, all the while muttering how sorry he was.

Patton didn't say anything, he just ran his fingers through Virgil's hair, hoping to calm him down. He knew how Virgil got, and didn't want to say anything that could potentially upset him again.

-

A little while later, the two boyfriends walked back to Roman and Logan, who were sat watching movies. They immediately perked up when they saw Virgil, happy to see him, yet still worried about overstepping their boundaries. Neither hesitated in pulling him into a hug, making sure he was okay, without being too overbearing for him.

The four spent the rest of the day watching movies, listening to music, and going out of their way to make one another laugh, hoping that it would ease Virgil's mind, and that any thoughts he had about his mother left for the rest of the day. None of them knew what tomorrow would bring, but they were certain that they would be there to make sure they were all okay.

925 words

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
xx