Chapter 6

Ever since the party, Harry's been quiet and more than usual. He's typically a quiet person, yes, but now he was timider and he barely spoke to anyone. He clung to Louis, not talking to Niall despite being roommates with him. He didn't answer his mum's calls and it was worrying Louis a lot considering he's such a mama's boy.

Louis knew that he was dealing with some things on his own. Nick hurt Harry. Maybe he didn't do anything, but he was going to. Louis got to the room just in time and Harry obviously was scared. He's allowed to be. He was sexually harassed, practically assaulted and it was not okay. Nick took advantage of him and it pissed Louis off so much.

The boy was trying his best to help his friend out. He was there for Harry, always answering his calls and slept with him the first couple nights back from Hawaii. When Niall asked what was wrong, Louis just gave him a sad smile and Niall knew not to ask again. Sometimes Harry has his moments and Niall probably assumed these were one of them.

Since Harry's a very family-oriented person, he really liked to be around his mum, stepdad and sister. Despite acting like he hated Gemma, he did love her. So, he got home sick. A lot more often than Louis, that's for sure. Louis loved his family as well, but they can be overwhelming at times and it was easier for him since he was used to being away from them as well.

Not that he didn't miss them, trust when he says he does. He just handled it better than Harry. Which meant holding back all his sadness until one night he explodes into a puddle of tears and self-pity. Either way, he was fine with not being around his family mainly because he had Harry by his side and the boy was basically family to him. He always comforted Louis when he needed it.

As of now, Harry needed him, tough.

When Louis was little, Anne sat him down and she gave him this talk. It was when she was dealing with the divorce of Harry's terrible father. Harry had just fallen asleep and Louis had slept over. She told Louis,"Harry's my little boy. And I know you care for him very much. That's why I want to know that because you're older, you will protect him. No matter how big or old Harry gets, you will always protect him, won't you?"

And Louis nodded.

Because, Louis will always protect Harry and Harry will always be there for Louis. Which is why he was taking a quick snack break before he had to go to rehearsals. He was displeased with the fact that Zayn made him stay a whole weekend when he returned to catch up. Louis was rather good at memorizing lines, he just pretended they were lyrics.

When Louis walked into the bakery, he saw Harry was handed a man two cupcakes and waved to him sweetly. As he wiped down the counter, his eyes darted to Louis and he grinned brightly. His expression made Louis chuckle and practically skip over with sweet smile on his face, only to be handed a cupcake secretly by Harry.

"Red velvet?" Louis checked, peeling back the liner.

Harry scoffed,"Of course, who do you think I am?"

"I think you're Harry Styles, the best person ever," Louis nodded determined and took a bite of the cupcake, moaning dramatically. "Oh God, I missed these. They're the best cupcakes ever."

The sounds he made had Harry feel all weird on the inside, unsure of why. Harry flushed red a bit and he coughed, trying to hide it while saying,"I was hoping you can come over later tonight? After rehearsals? My mum got me a new scrabble board! It's so cool, we can play and watch Deadpool."

"How?" Louis tilted his head. "It's still in theaters."

Harry hesitated and glanced around, then leaned forward and whispered, hot breath fanning Louis' cheat,"Niall found a website...it's illegal, shh."