TEN

CHAPTER TEN
( YOU ARE ALONE )

  HER WHITE HAIR FLOWS THROUGH THE COLD AIR

HER WHITE HAIR FLOWS THROUGH THE COLD AIR. A thin blanket of white covers the ground. It's quiet as she walks. She hasn't come here in years, too caught up in her own head. The snow crunches beneath her feet as she approaches the gravestone.

Scott McCall
A leader
A father
A husband
A friend
1994- 2088

"Hey Scott." She crouches down next to the slab of stone. She tucks her hair behind her ear. "I haven't been here in a while." She sighs. "Almost ten years." She chuckles wetly. "Too busy grieving my granddaughters death." She wipes the tears. "Your decendents are doing well. They're happy. They all know you as a hero Scott McCall. I haven't seen Theo or Devon in a while. I actually haven't seen Theo since Liam died. Which was a long time ago. But, I know we'll see each other again. Maybe not now. But, at the end of time." She smiles sadly. "Meeting all of you, it gave me a slice of happiness I ached to have for years. I'm glad that I got it, even if it is only a lifetime in my infinite years." She stands, walking away, turning into nothing but a whisper in the wind. The only evidence left are the footprints in the snow and the frost on the cobblestone. She is but a legend. A story. And that's all she'll ever be.