-5-

Alexis' pov:

After my trip back on memory lane I walked down a road I hadn't for a long time, singing an old song softly, something I would sing back then, something I learned back with my parents, at the times wolves, vampires and my people were still really closely related and didn't have the names they do today, the wolves called themselves children of the moon and the vampires were called cold ones, that one name actually stuck around until today.

I liked this song, it is important to me after all.

I arrived at the end of the road and sighed as I finished the song, staring ahead at the cemetery.

I walked between the graves and stopped in front of two really really old graves, letters carved in stone pillar that were mossy at part, worn down by the elements like wind and rain.

"Hi..... I'm back.... Kark, Loki." I sighed, getting down and sitting on my knees in front of the old graves with a small smile. "You did a good job Loki, the pack is big and strong today, I knew I could trust in you to get over the pain I caused you and be the leader you needed to be." I told the grave. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you, I should have known my venom would have not helped, maybe you'd have even survived." I told the other before whipping around as I heard leaves crunching.

I looked up and met the hazel eyes of a wolf girl sanding outside the graveyard, I gasped as it felt like the air was knocked out of my lungs as I stared at her...... The one I was looking for as I promised..... My mate.

I jumped up and zipped over to catch her as she fainted for some reason and held her in princess carry, gently.

I smiled and looked back at the graves, even if I had a mate, part of my heart would be his, always, I can't help it but the rest will be hers.

Max's pov:

As I met her eyes, having followed her since I heard the song, intrigued why I had a sudden strange nostalgic feeling even if I never ever heard it or even understood it.

With my wolf hearing I heard in a whisper what she told to the graves which meaning she was more then the legend said.

I have no idea why a sudden and killer headache appeared when we met gazes, so bad I fainted.

I opened my eyes and looked around in a place that was the reserve I knew but still so different, hearing screams all around before looking down at my hands, shocked to find them holding a knife stabbed in my stomach, I yanked it out in pain.

I was shocked when I felt a strong ice cold hand around my throat and then a bite to my neck before I closed my eyes.

I sat up screaming, I looked around panting in fear but I was in my room, I look at myself but I was alright, not knife, what the hell happened?

'You are not yet ready to know.' I heard my wolf, Iris, telling me.

'Do you know what happened.'

'I didn't until you woke up but I do now.'

'And you really can't tell me?'

'I'm sorry Max but no, it shall wait for a bit.'

'Alright, I trust you.'

I got up and changed into a pair of blue shorts and a red T-shirt before walking out of my room and downstairs.

I first saw my parents then her, all of them sitting on the couches in a tense silence.

"Glad you are awake, I got scared when you fainted." I jumped a bit as she zipped in front of me with a smile.

"E-euh yeah." I'm a confident person but not right now.

"Ah Max we were just talking to Alexis here, come join us." Dad said as she zipped back and sat down as I nodded and sat down next to my parents. "So we just had asked you about the story Kevin told us."

"Yeah that story, the legend changed up things, I might be the woman from it but I was also his beloved, our son was an adopted one because my people have had a high death rate for our new-borns, he stabbed himself to save me from the cold one and leave me time to kill it, I couldn't save him with my venom..... I left since the place held to many painful memories."

"yeah so a few question, what are you?... And you are technically an alpha's lover and the founder so you could take the pack back right?"

"I do not wish to rip it from your hands in the way you think." She glanced at me, why do I feel everyone knows we two are mates? Because if they didn't that sentence wouldn't make sense. "And for what I am it is not as easy to explain as you are thinking. I'm a being wolves and cold ones evolved from by people like me interbreeding with humans, a hybrid children of the moon or hybrid cold ones are the closest and yet furthest being to me that can exist today without my help, I named myself and my people blood wolves, I am both a child of the moon and a cold one and much more, I'm something that was never human, something that was always like this, something that is the last one of their race."

"okay so you call vampires cold ones and us children of the moon?"

"yeah I know those terms are used today too but I grew up in a world only those name existed, wolves were called children of the moon while vampires were cold ones and that's the end, no other name."

"Alright. Wait what did you mean by venom?"

I sighed, starting my explanation I by heart, always saying the same thing when I forced to explain for some reason.

"If I bite a human to change them they will become fast, strong, immortal and maybe change into a wolf if there is enough venom pumped into them, if not they will be able to drink blood becoming a subspecies to mine in a way." I said, bored as I spoke, word of word what I always said about my venom. "If I bite a vampire their strength will grow and get better hearing, if I bite a wolf they will get fast and immortal.... In all three case they become the subspecies to my race, having a few things like I do but nothing to my level nor becoming someone from my race.... I tried to change him but he was hurt, the change hurts and can make someone insane.... And well it led to Kark's death, he might have been able to be saved but I was to panicked and decided to try to change him and it cost me his life." I should have felt jealous of the way she talks about the third but I couldn't, I actually couldn't feel jalousie even if I tried.

I stared as she and my parents talked, zoning out anything else but her.