Video

Chapter One

Video

Skye Walters P.O.V

It was the last day of summer break. A whole three months of shorts, ice cream and weight gain. The sky was a calming light blue and small wisps of clouds drifted lazily through the haven. The sun continued to blaze but the light breeze ensured that it wasn’t too hot and I pleasantly woke to the sound of curtains being yanked off the window. “Wha-?” I began until I could make out a silhouette outlined against the light. I sighed. “ What the f-Ahhh!” And the next thing I knew, I was on the floor, entangled in a cocoon made of blankets.

            “Rise and shine princess” someone shrieked obviously annoyed that I may have kicked them on the way down to my moderately comfy floor. I grabbed a nearby pillow and flung it in her face. I could hear her muffled yells as I stood up and playfully pushed her onto the ground.

 “Call me princess and there’ll be more where that came from” I turned around and wrapped the blankets around my body once more.

 “Skye” I heard her say, her tone warning. I crossed my arms and pulled the blanket over my head, blocking out the sound. Aoife bent down and grabbed the ends of the blankets and spun me out of them. “Hey! I liked it in there!” I screamed before aiming a kick at Aoife instead kicking mid-air. I groaned in frustration. I looked up and a smirk was plastered on her face. Okay so maybe - yes, I am small. I’m not tiny! You know the ‘just small enough that everyone I meet is taller than me’ small.

            “Why are you here so early?” I asked rubbing sleep from my eyes. “Early?” she scoffed. “It’s half one, in the afternoon.”

            “Exactly” I replied.

“Well anyway… today’s Sunday remember?” she asked picking up the blankets and placing them on the empty bed.

“Well, yes I do know the days of the week thanks” I said scathingly. I may be a bit sarcastic at times…okay all of the time. But hey, what teenager isn’t sarcastic? It’s in my blood. I mean I can speak three languages, English, sarcasm and swearing, why not use them?

Plus you should know waking me up in the morning is a death wish.

“Then you know we have to be at Starbucks at two.” Aoife said snapping me out of my reverie.

 “Oh crap!” I said, jumping up and running to the shower.

 I locked the door when Aoife called “You’ll be needing this” I opened the door and a towel soared through the air until the rough but soothing material enveloped my face. “Thanks” I yelled back slamming the door in her face.

*At Starbucks*

I had to shield my eyes to protect it from the deadly rays of the sun. It had just appeared behind a cloud as Aoife and I sat down at a table near the window. I threw together an outfit in seconds, grabbing the first thing that grabbed my eye, that’s one of the reasons why Aoife and I are best friends: we suck at fashion. Well, suck is a strong word more like don’t really care.

She has dirty blonde hair, quite long, straight and easy to tame, unlike my chocolate curls. I reach her shoulder height-wise; she could pretty much be a model, except for the fact that she’s my personality twin. Meaning, we will never want to or agree to be models. I think we’d pass on the whole flaunting it thing.

            “Well?” Aoife asked, her voice sounded distant.

“Hmm?” I asked confused.