S.I.T.C.

Skye’s P.O.V

I sat in the common room, a book resting on my lap, my eyes sliding in and out of focus. The sun shone bright through the long windows, much to my dismay and I was finding it a little difficult – scratch that, impossible to concentrate.

      I was supposed to have this book read by Tuesday, of next week but I’d be at summer in The City (Famous YouTube Convention) all weekend. I was beyond excited, jumping up and down, screaming and running around the common room when Emmy called and told me she had tickets. Of course she’d be there, along with Ailish, who is also a youtuber. (I know, I have some pretty badass awesome friends) I knew this day would come, eventually, you know the day when Emmy and Ailish were famous and got us to S.I.T.C but I didn’t think I’d be going. Of course I called my newest friend, Jen, to tell her the fantastical news but she seemed down. Probably the stomach bug, I heard it was spreading around Cambridge like wildfire.

     I had my bags packed for days now, even though she told me like yesterday. Okay I assumed I’d finally have enough money to go this year, don’t judge okay? My immaturity mixed with hyper pills does not blend well.

     I’d been talking to Josh a lot lately, going out for coffee together, shopping, and kicking his ass at C.O.D. and Just Dance. I’m actually kind of glad I have him; I mean he’s nice, caring, and godly looking…

I definitely do not have a life changing, tear staining crush on him that hurts when I think of it. Nope.

     I flicked the page blankly, reliving the other day at the park, getting ice cream, Josh dipping his fingers in and smudging it on my nose, me rubbing it all over his face. “Skye!” I looked up from my book and smiled at the sight. Josh was in worn, blue jeans and a hoodie. His face was serious and to be honest, it made him look beyond sexy. I tried to ignore the intense butterfly sensation building up in my stomach. I set down my book and stood up.

“Hey” I said, practically bouncing on my feet. “What’s wrong?” A crease had formed in between his eyebrows and I had to restrain myself from touching his cheeks.

“Look, we need to talk, um…privately” he said looking around at the squealing girls clutching pens and notebooks.

“Yeah, sure” I replied, a bit nervous at this side I’ve never seen. He took my hand and led me out of the common room while I tried not to look flustered. 

     He stopped and dropped it abruptly. We were beside the lake, under an old oak tree. Our old oak tree, it had the same large, shady branches towering over our heads and reassuring earthly smell of wet soil.

“Skye…I need to tell you something”

     “Yeah okay” I said sitting down and crossing my legs.

“I need to tell –” I turned my head to see why he stopped. When I looked back his face was inches from mine.

     I watched the lust slowly filled his eyes and it seems he couldn’t help it, but crashed his lips to mine. It was beautiful; I closed my eyes and entangled my fingers in his hair and my lips moved in sync with his own, letting off small sparks, my back was digging into the uneven bark of the tree and I could finally intake his warmth that radiated from his body to mine.

     It ended as quickly has it started. He stood up abruptly and wiped his hands on his jeans hastily. “Josh I…” I mumbled, I guess you could say I was in shock.

“No, I’m sorry, that wasn’t supposed to happen. I – ” he gulped, “I just hope that someday you’d find it in your heart to forgive me. I’m really sorry.” His voice broke at the end when he turned and walked away. I swear I saw a tear slide down his cheek. I brushed off the worried feeling and touched my lips lightly with a finger. I smiled shyly and got up to leave.