Study Buddies ((Ralum))

6:17 pm

Wednesday

Roxanne sat patiently in the Library study room she had reserved, waiting on the rest of her "study group" to appear.

She knew, from experience, to never expect a group of people to be on time for learning. Especially when they weren't required to be there in the first place.

She also knew to expect that her best friend would probably not show up at all, but she still hoped for the best.

Roxanne sighed and took out another note card from her backpack, writing down yet another formula to remember from the quiz on monday.

"So... I think we're the only ones that are going to be here." Roxanne looked up as she saw the boy from her Chemestry class pulling out the chair across from her.

"I didn't expect you to be here." She said, adjusting herself in her seat.

"Yeah, well. You're kinda stuck with me now." Calum put on his nicest smile, in an attempt to charm her.

When he found out that Jonathan and Doreen were planning to bail, Calum thought about bailing too.

His original plan was to go on the hunt for party supplies. Blacklight parties didn't happen overnight, afterall.

Unfortunately, when he mentioned this plan to Luke, his roomate played the guilt card.

"So did you do the reading already?" Roxanne, who was already regretting making a study group, stared at Calum. She was in the process of trying to figure out whether or not she liked him as a person.

"Yeah... I was trying to understand it though." Calum looked at his phone, one more time before setting it on the table.

"It's not that hard." She looked at the stack of notes on the table, next to her book.

"Why do you have so many notes?" Calum was trying to figure out if she was one of those really studious people that didn't do anything but study during the time they weren't in class.

"Because I plan to pass the class with the highest grade." She said, looking back at her book.

"That doesn't mean you have to write the whole textbook on fucking note cards." Calum said, grabbing his textbook out of his backpack.

Roxanne ignored his comment and continued writing down and highlighting the book.

"I'm Calum, by the way." He said, making her look up from her book.

"I know." She said, looking out the glass door.

"Did you stalk me on twitter or something?" He hoped this girl wasn't a stalker.

"No... You had a flyer for your party thing." She said, pointing to the Post outside of the room where Calum had put a flyer.

There was a long awkward silence between the two of them since no one knew what to say.

Roxanne didn't want to stare at him because that was rude. She attempted to think of something that Valarie would say in this situation.

"Do you like eat food?" Roxanne said, automatically regretting it.

"Yes?" Calum honestly didn't know how to respond.

"Do you want to get like a sandwich or something?" Roxanne was only asking him because she didn't want to abandon him when he obviously made an effort to be there.

"Like a date?" The last time a girl asked Calum on a date, they dated for 3 hours before she dumped him for the leader of Recess.

It was year 3.

"Oh my god no. I don't even know your whole name." She said, panicking.

As Valarie could tell anyone, Roxanne panicked easily. Bad grade on a test? She panicked. Turned on the wrong street? Panicked. Plans suddenly change at the last minute? Yep. Panic.

"Relax. I'm joking." Calum said, opening the glass door.

Roxanne followed him out the door as they walked to the sandwich shop.

The walk, which was usually 10 minutes when Roxanne walked it by herself, took 20 minutes in it's entirety because Calum continued to stop along the way

Calum liked to leisurely get places. There was no need for him to run across the street and almost die. Every so often, he would stop and hand out a flyer to a cute girl he passed, chatting them up.

Roxanne found this very annoying because he gave every girl the same speech, without fail. She had this reservation about guys who treated every girl like they were the most special person in the world even though they had no intentions of following through on their commitment.

When they actually got to the shop and ordered, Roxanne was just about done with Calum.

Calum didn't notice because he was busy talking to Bella, the girl from Calum's class, who was working the register.

"You know," He said, leaning on the counter. "I'm throwing a party and I'd love to see you there."

"It sounds like I'd love to be there... But won't your girlfriend disagree?" Bella moved her head in the direction of Roxanne, who was on her phone.

"Who? Annie?" Calum looked over at Roxanne, along with Bella.

Roxanne, who was texting Valarie about the whole situation, looked up at the two of them and became increasingly uncomfortable.

"My name is Roxanne." She said, shifting on her feet,

They completely ignored her correction, going back to their conversation.

"We're not dating." Calum said. He figured Roxanne was the type to study all day and watch Netflix and blog all night.

"Oh ok. Well I'll be there." She said, handing Calum his change.

Roxanne, who was simultaneously attempting to listen to their conversation while at the same time not listening, paid for her own sandwich and sat down at the farthest table away from the door and the cashier who was eyeing her weirdly.

Calum joined her at the table after getting his drink. He looked at her while she picked the lettuce off of her sandwich.

"Do you hate lettuce?" He took a bite of his own sandwich.

"It's weird and crunchy but soft at the same time. I don't like that." She said, looking up at him. He had stuff on his face, but Roxanne really felt uncomfortable telling him about the stuff on his face.

"OH MY GOD." They heard a voice from the from the front of the store. "IF YOU WOULD'VE TOLD ME THIS WAS A DATE, I WOULD'VE BEEN HERE ON TIME."

"Valarie don't do this." Roxanne said, under her breathe.

"I could've 3rd wheeled for ya'll." Valarie said, staring at Calum.

"So this is a date." Calum smirked with his mouth full.

"No. It's. Not." Roxanne said, gritting her teeth.

{A.N.}

In honor of my first day of school being over, This one's for ya'll.

Calum is slaying at this party planning thing.

I hope ya'll are getting used to my awkward endings. otherwise, the chapters would be insanely long and I'm not okay with that.

After twitter this week, I'm considering putting my life motto as "I-G-G-BYE" but really though.

Drop me a message, I'll be around.