four

♱ Tyler's Pov ♱

"Spending hours on end deciding what I'd say to a friend if I ever saw him again. Cause I don't know if I know, don't want to come across the wrong way. And I don't know if I know, but I know I want to see your face today.

And somebody told me they saw you cry and break down. Do you know how hard that is to get around and think about? It's not like you to let emotions get the best of things.

Especially..... When.... Everything.... Is
...... Hanging..... In..... The.... Air.... We..... Breathe. "

I wipe my face of tears and look to Josh. I don't know why. It's like I expect some kind of reaction from him.... Something

Anything?

No. Just an unconscious Josh. The beeping of the heart monitor is what's keeping me sane at this point.

"And I just can't believe it has to be this way. You know we say it seems to me that it was just the other day. I saw your face, I saw your light, you ran the race, you fought the fight. But now it's all being torn down for me tonight.

And I know it might be a little selfish for me to say, but I need to know if you thought of me at all today. Cause everyday walk past the place you lived 5 days of the week and now it's 10 after 4 and I am taken by sleep. "

This time I don't bother wiping my face. I let the tears fall.

They fall onto my hands as I strum the chords of my ukulele, softly.
They fall into my sweater, running down my chest as I breathe heavily.
They fall onto my face, making it dampen more than it already has.

I inhale,

"I'll sing a song to you, my friend
I'll sing a song to you, my friend
I'll sing a song to you, my-
Let's go. "

I whisper softly. This is after all a hospital, I'm sure the many elders here wouldn't like if I screamed my head off right now. No matter how much I really want to.

"Friend, yeah.
Yeah, yeah. I'll sing a song to you, my friend. I'll sing a song to you, my friend. I'll sing a song to you, my friend. I'll sing a song to you, my friend. "

More soft strums.

"You're my friend Josh.... My best friend. "