CHAPTER 6: THE CONCERT

_________________________________________________________
This is a work of Fiction. Names, characters, places and incidences are either products of the author's imagination or, if real, are used fictitiously.

Please refrain from reproduction, transmission, or storing in an information retrieval system in any form or by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, taping, and recording, without prior written permission from the author. Thank you, and enjoy!!

  _________________________________________________________

Tuesday night at home, I was filling in my calendar for September

Tuesday night at home, I was filling in my calendar for September. It was just me, my younger sister and brother at home. Before the end of August, my mother was offered a job somewhere in the capital, which is two hours away. We don't see her much because she leaves early at dawn and gets home pretty late.

I was drawing the logo of Seventeen in a table cell for Saturday, September 29, using pink and orange (I ran out of blue) liquid chalk. Above that, I wrote 'SEVENTEEN!!!' in pink. I was so focused on imagining the coming concert; I didn't even notice my sister looming behind me. She might have been sipping on water because I hear a choking sound before I turned and saw her wiping her chin.

"Seventeen?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"You're a Carat? Since when?"

"Since last month, on the 23rd , few weeks now."

"Wow, I didn't even notice!"

Looking back, I never actually played any of their songs on speaker. I just listen to them on my own.

"What's up on the 29th?" she asked, taking a seat beside me.

"It's their concert. I just learned about it today, a class mate of mine (Charlene) told me about it. I'm going to bring a plastic bag, gather some of the air into it and hope that Seventeen's breaths are caught inside. Haha!"

"What?! But it's just eleven days away! You can't buy any tickets anymore; I bet it's sold out already."

"I know. I won't be buying, because I don't have much money anyway. I'm joining the 'team Labas'" (/trans: Team Outside/)

"Woah, such devotion." She joked. "How will you get there?"

"It will be held at the SM Mall of Asia (SM MOA). Mom works just near there so I'll come with her to Manila, go to the concert, and come home with her later that night, which means, I can't go to the meet and greet event the day after the concert. It is sad, but that's the best I can do right now. They're coming here! They'll be very near. I can't lose this opportunity to be near them at least." I look at her and she was staring at me wide eyes.

"You're just a few-week old Carat and you're already going to their concert! It's like a blessing. You're so lucky. I've been an Army for how many years now, and I've never seen them in person."

"Army?"

So apparently, my sister is a BTS Fan, which is obvious because she had a lot of their posters tacked onto her walls. I just never got interested in her posters and learned just now that their fanbase is called 'Army'.

"I also stanned Seventeen for a while last year." She said, looking dreamy, reminiscing, "My bias is Jun."

"Ah, Mun Junhui."

"Yeah... So, what will you be wearing?"

*

I was wearing a floral white dress, a white Jacket and heels. Yes, heels, because I'm small, and I wanted to get even just a glimpse of Seungkwan's hair. I had my guitar with me because I want to sing with other Carats while waiting, since I'm not going inside anyway.

"Text me when it's over okay? So we can meet at the loading area for the ride home." My mom says, sitting beside me in the bus.

"Yes, I won't forget."

"Take care of your valuables, since there will be a lot of people there. Where will your friends be? Will they be going home with us?"

"Oh, they'll be there but they won't be going home. They'll be staying the night over a friend's apartment so that they can attend a meet and greet event tomorrow."

"Is that so? How about you? Aren't you going to that meet and greet?"

"Uh, I wish I can, but I'd better not, I have an exam on Monday." I brought reviewers with me and placed them inside the case with my guitar.

"Okay then, were here. Take these crackers so you can eat if you get hungry."

I take the crackers and tuck them in my pocket.

"Thanks Ma."

"Do you have your umbrella with you? It might get rainy later."

"Yeah, I think." We got down the bus and parted ways, her towards the restaurant in which she currently works and me, towards the Mall of Asia. My mother doesn't know that I'll be staying outside the mall the entire time, because I don't have a ticket. If she knew, she would never let me go, because it would seem idiotic and senseless.

At the Mall, there was already a large crowd of people waiting outside. I just let out a whistle and started walking towards them. There were girls giving away freebies such as stickers and some photos. I found that simple act very sweet and supportive. Proudness swelled inside me like a blooming flower. Proud for the fandom I am in, this family, where they, we, don't only support the Seventeen members, but also one another. Groups of girls laugh with one another and some are taking photos. There were boys to, which made me smile with curiosity as to how boys behave in Kpop boy group concerts. I was really curious.

"Excuse me." Someone behind me said with a light tap on my shoulder. I turned to face her. She swerved to avoid getting hit by my guitar.

"Ooh, sorry." I said, taking the guitar off my shoulder and placing it on the ground in fear of hitting someone else.

"No harm done. Uh, I just want to ask if you're alone."

"Oh." I felt my cheeks flush. It might have been weird to appear here without any acquaintances, as if I don't have any friends. And why is she asking anyway? She doesn't look like a lawbreaker to me. I quickly explain myself.

"I'm a two-month old fan, uhm, I actually have friends who are going too but we didn't travel together. I learned about this concert eleven days ago so... I wasn't able to buy a ticket. I'll be joining the Outside team... Speaking of, I don't even know where that team is. Hmm."

"Haha. Come with us then! Me and my friends are joining the Outside team as well. We don't have the cash yet, but we're still saving up for their concert next year, but right now, we'll join the Outside team."

"Oh.. Hello then, I'm May Lynne, but just call me May."

"I'm Eunice. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable or whatever. It's just hard to not notice this all-white attire you've got going on." She said, gesturing toward my dress.

I giggled and winked at her. I like her. "That's kind of the point. The dress had served its purpose... So, where is the Outside team?"

"First thing you need to know about the Outside team: you'll only find them once everyone else gets inside."

"Oh! That's real smart, unless those joining the Outside team find you first." I said, pertaining to the two of us.

"Right." This time, she winked at me. "We actually have a flower crown which will top that outfit of yours to perfection. Kaja! /Let's go!/