10: The Stupid Door

CHERYL POV:

I open the door and see Toni standing there with flowers. "I'm sorry about last night, yesterday was overwhelming for me and I didn't mean anything I said to you last night. Just yesterday brought back a lot of memories and I didn't know how to cope." He says calmly. I smile. "Oh I know, I was kinda waiting for you to show up or tell me to meet you somewhere." He hands me the flowers. "I forgive you. Because I know that your head was in the right space. Can I ask you something?" He nods. "You just did." He laughs. "Am I actually controlling?" I ask. "Not really." What? "Well, you are but not in a bad way it's just stuff like last night that you should have stopped." He says honestly. "Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have pushed you emotionally." I say slightly embarrassed by that. "No, it wasn't just you. Sarah didn't make it easy." He looks down. "Do you want to come in?" I ask realizing how cold it is. "Yeah actually." I let him and place the flowers in a vas. He sits down awkwardly on the couch. "Toni what's wrong?" He rubs his thighs. "Toni." I sit in front of him. "I'm having a panic attack." He starts hyperventilating. I hold his shoulders. "Take a deep breath." He does as told and slowly calm down. "Better?" He nods. "Yeah." I ruffle his hair. "Cheryl, I love you." He says quietly like he's letting it off his chest. I pull him into a kiss. "I love you Toni." I kiss him again. "Don't ever doubt that." I whisper. "Good because I don't." He kisses me again. Next thing I know there is a pounding on my door breaking our moment. "I'll get it." I groan standing up and getting the door. "What do you want you viper?" I ask my mother. I hate this woman. I hate her. I hater her. I fucking wish she would die. Did I mention I hate her? "Oh, I just wanted to meet the serpent boy you've been slutting around with." Oh god here we go. "I actually don't know what the hell you'er talking about." I say stepping closer. "Cheryl is not a slut." I turn around to see Toni standing behind me. "I'm not trying to tell you about our relationship or anything but, she always makes sure I'm ok. Not just during sex, through life. So please don't tell her that she's a slut because she's not." Mother looks like her head is about to pop off. "It should have been you." She says right in my face and storms off. I bite my lip trying not to cry and close the door. "Cheryl..." I start walking up to my room. "I don't want to talk right now." I run off to my room.

"Cheryl..." Toni sits on the bed. "She's wrong, you're-." I interrupt him and sit up. "Not that." He looks at me confused. "What she said before she left." I say just above a whisper. He sighs and cups my cheek. "Cheryl, nether of you should have been killed. Jason cared about everyone, so do you. You just don't show it as well." I smile. "Your mother is wrong about everything she's said, besides the obvious. You're sensational." He say quietly. "Besides the obvious?" I question. "Your name and stuff like that." I laugh. I'm in love with a dork. "You're such a dork." I kiss him slowly. "You always know how to make me feel better." I say quietly. "I know that's my job." He kisses me and starts to tickle me. I burst out laughing. "Toni stop I'm gonna pee!" He goes on for a few more seconds and stops. "Sorry." He says slowly stop laughing. I kiss him again. He cups my cheek. "You feeling better?" He ask quietly. "Yeah." I say with a smile. "How are you doing post yesterday?" I ask moving hair out the way. "Honestly, I don't know. I went to therapy and I would have been here sooner, but I didn't really say anything because I don't know what to say. Is there anything news on what happened?" He ask. "No one was injured or killed so that's good. But, if you need me to listen about how you feeling about this, I'll listen. I won't have any good advice but you can always vent." I say seriously. "I will." He looks down. I feel bad for him because he can't even pretend that everything is fine. "Even though. I-I don't know if I ever can emotionally." He rubs his arm nervously. "If and when." I say quietly. "I will." He says quietly. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you." He plays with my hand. "I should probably go Sarah said she wanted to meet me at pops." He gets up. "I'll call you when I get a chance." He kisses my cheek and walks out.