15

Thierry lay awake waiting for Angel to wake up. He could hear people moving around and talking in what he supposed they thought was hushed tones outside the bedroom door. The suite had a living room, dining room, full kitchen and bar, media room and a walk in closet, plenty of room for them to gather on the far side away from the bedroom door. Sighing, he gave himself a mental shake. He was anxious and just projecting his anxiety onto the people who had come to share what he hoped to be the best day of his life, if he could just do it without fucking up. Thierry wasn't used to asking for anything. He generally took what he wanted. But in this case his future happiness lay entirely in the dainty hands of his Angel.

Angelique woke up slowly, stretching against the hard body beside her. The last several days had been pure magic. Thierry had taken her all over Las Vegas; shows on the strip, dancing the night away at the best nightclubs, even a hike in the desert. Here there were no sliding looks or muttered comments. No one could have cared less who she was or who Thierry was. Unfortunately, it had to end soon. As much as she enjoyed being here with Thierry, New Orleans was her home and she'd be damned if she let anyone run her out of it.

She was under no misconception that Charline had given up on the idea of her marrying Paul. He had probably found out that she wasn't Charline's child and was blackmailing the older woman. What Angelique couldn't figure out was why Paul wanted to marry her so badly. There were other heiresses if money was what he was after. Maybe it was Dubois Enterprises itself. She did own controlling interests, and would one day inherit her father's stocks as well. If that was what Paul wanted, that was just too bad. She didn't give a damn who he told about her parentage, she wasn't going to be tied to a man she didn't love, much less a snake of a man like Paul.

"What are you thinking about?" Thierry asked, pulling her closer and nuzzling her neck.

"What makes you think I'm thinking about anything?" she challenged back.

"You're biting you lower lip."

"I thought you said I did that when I'm horny." She laughed. It was funny how he knew her so well after such a short time. She was sometimes startled at how well they read each other's needs, how right they felt together.

"That's your top lip."

They lay for a few minutes more, just holding each other. Then Angelique became aware of delicious aromas coming from the other room as well as people talking softly and moving around.

"Thierry, did you order breakfast? I thought we were going out to eat this morning."

"That would be Remy, my father, and my Uncle Boden."

Among others, he mentally added. He didn't want to tell her about any of that yet, so instead he filled her in on all Didier had found out about her family as well as his own. He was pleasantly surprised she wasn't at all shocked to find out Charline, her cousin, or her aunt. Smart woman, she had suspected the same thing. She was visibly upset over his grandmother's plans, muttering about telling the old woman a thing or two. By now, Uncle Boden had the doctor Lady Rienne had hired tied up in questioning by the F.B.I., deciding it was best to leave the guards she had stationed at the airports and fly into Mississippi. Then they would all drive into New Orleans to the most public restaurant to celebrate – that is if things went as planned.

Thierry sighed. The idea had come to him as soon as he walked away from the other men. He went back to make arrangements, but he hadn't figured out how to get Angel to agree. He had practiced this over and over in his head before falling back to sleep early this morning. He couldn't mess this up.