Sound

A/N: This is a part two of Safe but it can be read as a stand-alone. I tried to be clever with the title as like Safe and Sound even though this has nothing to do with sound. It did though, unintentionally, have a strange and unplanned full circle moment in the end with the word sound which I kind of love but whatever. This is definitely not the part two that anyone wanted. It happens in the same world as Safe but it honestly could be read as something completely separate, it's just that this one was inspired by the first one. So. Yeah...

-----

"Kayc? Where are you?" Sean asked, closing the door to their apartment closed behind him. She didn't answer him but he heard the tv running in the living room. He went in but didn't see her sitting there where she normally was.

"Kaycee?" He asked. Again, no answer. He flipped the tv off and wandered into their bedroom. He didn't see her in there, but her red suitcase sitting zipped on top of the bed caused him to take a doubletake.

He left their room quickly, scanning the hallway before making his way into the kitchen. He saw her there, her knees brought up to her chest as she hugged them, sitting up in a kitchen chair. He breathed a sigh of relief and sat down in the chair next to her. She made no move to let him know that she had noticed him.

"Kayc is everything okay?" he asked, leaning an elbow on the table next to him, angling himself towards her. She didn't respond. She just buried her head on top of her knees, hugging herself tighter.

"You're scaring me Kayc. What's going on," He said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She mumbled something that was obstructed by her knees, he couldn't make it out.

"What?" He asked, running his hand up and down over her shoulder. She lifted her face out of her knees to look at him, the tear tracks on her cheeks sending an ache to his heart.

"I'm moving in with Kylie," she said, looking anywhere in the room but his eyes. Sean closed his eyes, one of his hands coming up to rub his temples. He wasn't entirely surprised that this was happening but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking.

"When?" He asked, trying to stay calm. Trying not to cry.

"She'll be here any minute now," she said, keeping her eyes fixed on the top of her knees.

"Why?" He asked, his voice breaking. He had removed his arm from her shoulder. It was now hanging uselessly at his side.

"Sean. Please. I don't want to talk about it now," she said.

"Well it's happening now Kayc so we're going to talk about it now," he said, his voice strong despite the tears gathering in his eyes.

"You can't say that you weren't expecting this Sean," she said, shaking her head.

"What did I do wrong?" He asked, one tear slipping down his cheek. She looked up at him then.

"You know it has nothing to do with you," she said, her tears coming out consistently.

"How does you breaking up with me not have anything to do with me?"

She closed her eyes again. Leaning her head back into her knees. She spoke louder this time, still audible despite the distortion from her knees.

"I'm tired of not being good enough for you."

If possible, his heart shattered more.

"What does that even mean?" He asked, pulling her chair to his so that his legs were straddled around her body.

"I am tired of waking up early and cooking you breakfast and then cleaning while you're gone and then preparing dinner for you when you get home and cleaning up after that. I am tired of watching you stay home from an opportunity out of state just to take me to another audition that I never get. I am tired of being the one with a famous boyfriend. I'm tired of people asking me what it's like to date a celebrity. I am tired of not being good enough for you," she said quickly, looking up at him through her tears.