chapter 6

"Cinderella and Prince Charming," He tells me.

"That's seriously the theme? How did I not know?" I throw my head back. "Okay, Tim. Do something cheesy. Like this: 'just like mickey needs minnie and cinderella needs prince charming. Starbucks needs coffee like I need you... to go to prom with me'. I dunno?"

"I'm gonna use that! Send me the words again. I have an idea. You'll see it tomorrow!" He replies in a rush and hangs up on me. I look at my phone and shake my head.

"Who was it?" Maggie asks when I get back to my room. "At the door I mean."

"Ashton. He wanted to make it clear that I should be wearing my brace until I get told that I don't need it by the professionals."

"He doesn't get to make your choices for you."

"Leave it. He's the closest thing that I have to a big brother now. Plus he's right," I plop down. "Why didn't you tell me that the theme was Cinderella and Prince Charming?"

She shrugs.

***

I walk out of the dressing room for probably the fifth time. Oliver looks me over and laughs, "I told you that you look good in anything and I can buy you whatever you want."

I drop my head into my chin and look at him, "How the hell are you so perfect."

"Sweetheart, I am far from perfect," He gets up from his chair and wraps me in a hug. "You're pretty close though."

"Have you noticed that I'm injured?"

"It makes you so much stronger. Lots of people would be hiding in their room or something after what you've gone through. You are so amazing and strong."

"Stop all the lovey stuff," Ashton walks over with a small scowl. "The girls and Tim are waiting out there for all of us."

"Thanks for letting us know," I say. "I'll change and meet you all out there."

Ashton nods and leads Oliver over to everybody else. I run back into the changing room and throw my clothes on. I grab the things I decided to get and take them to the counter, "My boyfriend will pick these up and pay in a couple hours."

The lady nods and I run back out into the mall's mainstream. I see everybody in a secluded area. Maggie is sitting down with a puzzle, starbucks at her side. I look at Tim who gives me a huge grin and nods, obviously knowing what I asked him.

"Timothy James!" She screams. We all fall over in laughter as she jumps up - nearly missing the coffee - and hugs Tim.

"Is that a yes?"

"Of course! And you just had to do it the day we're all shopping for dresses."

"Well, I had to make sure to get the right color tie and stuff," He shrugs. "We should get going. Us guys will see you later."

The guys go down one hall and we go down the opposite. Bryly, Ashton's girl friend - I don't think they're dating- leads us to one place. One of the people working there walk up and ask what we're looking for.

"Prom dresses themed like Cinderella and Prince Charming," Bryly says.

"Go sit over there and we will have some of our people come over," She smiles and points to a comfy looking couch.

The couch is as comfy as it seems. I almost don't want to move from my place when the people come, but I am pulled out of my seat. Litteraly.

"Hey, I'm Aaron! I want to work with you!" He shouts. I laugh and take him in, your generic white gay boy with extra fashion sense.

"Hi!" I hug him in return as the other two girls take Maggie and Bryly.

"So how do you all want to do this," Maggie's personal helper asks.

"We do want to see everybody's dresses together. Like all get into one and then come out at the same time and each have a step in front of the mirror," Bryly explains with such perfectness that it is almost hard to hate her.

We all nod and agree on a solid plan before heading off in different parts of the store. Aaron leads me to different light colors, "People say that blondes look good in darker colors, but you have the perfect hair, eye, and complexion look that you would look better in lighter colors."

I just agree with him while we pick out a pink, blue, green, yellow, and a few different styles that shout. Some look too slutty, but I will give them a go. Others are the mermaid style and ball gowns, they are really pretty.

When we all meet back up we're holding lot's of dresses. We hang them up each in our own changing room. Aaron and I picked out two ball gowns so I am thankful that the changing rooms are bigger than the ones at target and some other local stores.

I grab the first green gown, I don't really like it though. I put it on and look in the mirror before stepping out.

We each try on more. Bryly decides on her third dress. It is a deep red that has thicker lace sleeves and a defining off shoulder neckline. It does suit her very well though. Maggie decides on her fifth. It is just like a Cinderella dress from the 2015 version which is why she was opposed at first, but then she eased into it and decided that it was the one.

"Try the pink one," Aaron suggests. I nod and walk back into my changing room. I grab the pink ball gown and Aaron helps me lace it up. It is sleeveless, so I'd have to be careful, but it is really pretty.

When I walk out everybody gasps. The people that helped Maggie and Bryly just returned from returning the other dresses and grabbing the bags for our final choices.

"You look stunning!" Maggie says.

"That looks great on you," Bryly nods in pleasure. I can tell that both of them really like it.

"Ah, yes. Cher, that is definitely the one for you. I will put the rest away," Aaron says. I keep looking in the mirror. I love it and so would Ben.

Hey guys!!! So I was going to have pictures of the dresses on here, but they wouldn't work so I will try to post them another time. Sorry this is so late, I got busy with going back to school and starting to study for exams. I will try to post more. Love you muchly, Norah