Chapter 11

Cher's POV

I wake up and Ashton is there. When I got to the hospital they needed to do a bunch of tests to figure out what was wrong with me and why I fell over. Once they were done and waiting for some results they told me to stay in the room and get some rest because I probably have a concussion.

"How are you?" He asks slowly as if I'm made of glass.

"My head hurts quite a bit, but the rest of my pain has subdued quite a bit. You?"

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have a diagnosis," The doctor walks in, clipboard at the ready. "You have a concussion from hitting the floor. I'm surprised you didn't have any brain trauma. You also have an ulcer. To describe it simply, it is a hole in your stomach most likely from stress. I'm going to keep you here tonight and you can go to school after tomorrow."

Stress. All of this was because of stress. I know that I have tons of homework, drama with boys and class president and head organizer of our graduation party. It shouldn't surprise me though. With everything going on I've felt under pressure a lot lately.

"You do have a lot going on lately, Cher. With all the graduation planning and test coming up. Even everything that happened at prom. It all makes sense and-"

"Can't you just admit it?"

"What?

"Everything at prom was your fault. I was happy for once since Ben ... since Ben dies. Then I found Oliver. I didn't think anything would happen because I still liked you. Then I'm starting to get over you and fall for Oliver and you take all that away with three words 'I love you'."

"Can I-"

"No. Because I grew up with you, I knew everything about you. You kept dating all these other girls and would leave me and Ben. We were always the Three Amigos though. You always came to spend time with us. You just never had the guts to admit your feelings. You almost did, you were so close to it," I hold up my hand like I'm about to pinch someone. "Then Oliver comes along and you decide to fall away, hide in your shell. You didn't do anything except play couple with a great person to try to get me. That's very cowardly, Ashton."

"Stop talking and just read the letter that was given to me. I'm sorry that I caused so much pain and envy and terror in your life, Cher. I really am and I hope one day you will forgive me and everybody who played a part in it. Bry misses you too," He says walking out of the room.

I stare at his back as he leaves. Pain fills my chest. And worry fills my body as I look at the letter sitting on my lap. It is softer than it was which means he's reread it a few times and probably carried his around with him. I take a deep breath.

A,

If you are reading this then I am dead or you are snooping in my room or locker again. I don't really know where I left this if you are reading it. I hope it is because I'm dead. Not that I want to be dead, but because that is the purpose of this letter.

Please take care of Cher. I know that she thinks that she can handle herself all the time and that she is capable of anything, but this is all new to her. She gets good grades, yes. She is on student council, yes. She's class president, she'd better be. She has amazing friends, yes. She has her twin brother, not anymore.

She's going to push you away. I know that as a fact. She'll push anything away that she can. She won't eat, something that happened when our grandmother died. You will need to be patient with her, but don't give up on her.

She got a letter too and it has a list of things that I need you to help her do before she starts college. I wrote that she has to before graduation, but she will need some leeway. She needs to get out of her shell and do these things. WITH HELP

That being said. Stop hooking up with girls. Stop dating them for weeks at a time and start admitting your feelings for Cher. It starts with yourself. Admit it to you and then make sure you tell her at a good time. Don't even ask yourself how I know this because I can see it in your eyes. You always looked at her with such admiration when she did things that got her frustrated. IT was impossible to ignore. Even guys on the team saw it.

Don't give up on your dreams in the process of helping Cher through hers. Become that amazing teacher that is a pushover and lets certain things slide. Make sure you don't loose yourself in the process of it all. Though, knowing Cher, she'd slap you and make sure that you get into shape.

Neither of you are allowed to give up and if you do I will haunt you both and you know it,

Benjamin.

My body racks with sobs, tears streaming down my face. Ashton was just doing what he was told. He followed what Ben wanted in the process of doing his own thing. Maybe it was a good thing that I read that. I can take that advice and work up to admitting my feelings too.

<><><>

"You lost it!" I practically shout. "How did you lose it?"

"Well, you were gone so we put it out after Ashton gave it to us. When we went to get it, it was gone."

"This is the only full day meeting we can call. Be careful next time and I can't stop anything from you being voted off of the council," I shake my head and start towards the office.

"How can I help you?" The principal asks, coming out of his office.

"We're calling in our senior work day," I sigh.

"You don't sound too happy about this."

"Well, I gotta do what I gotta do," I say, shrugging.

He nods and picks up the phone, "Attention all seniors. There was something that went wrong in planning while your president was in the hospital and you need to fix it. You will be exempt from all classes today. Please head to the auditorium."

"Thank you," I say and walk to to auditorium. "I'm sorry for the late notice. It seems that in my vacancy, our vice president and advisor lost the form that you filled out. We need to finish it today and while we're at it, we are going to keep chugging away at some other minor details to finish out. Anything you need to say before we start?"

Someone stands up, "I don't think they should keep their positions if they are going to lose things as simple as that. Just imagine what would happen if they were put in charge of something huge."

"Let's put all of this to a vote," I sigh, shooting Ellie and Maggie a helpless look before starting.

It turns out that a lot more people were upset about being set behind with all of this than I originally thought. Maggie and Ellie were voted off class council. After two class periods of debating and figuring things out we finally chose people to vote on third hour. I'm just glad we have a smaller class of only 116.

"Hey, Cher. Can we talk?" Maggie walks up to me.

"Yeah. Sure what's up?"

"You fired us."

"I had to follow the handbook and what everybody else wanted. I told you that something like this would probably happen."

"Whatever. You could've stopped it. Instead, you're letting this power get to your head."

What do you think is going to happen? What is Cher going to say after reading the letter her brother left Ashton? I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I've started the next and it's almost done!! I'm sorry if things don't go exactly like this book in your imagination, but it's my imagination, sooooo 

Love you muchly,
Norah