Chapter 13

Cher's POV

"Bryly?" I instinctively tighten the towel around my body. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to talk to you. I'll let you get dressed first," She gives me a half hearted grin as I grab clothes and step into my closet. "Have you talked to Ashton?"

I step out of the closet and sit on my bed with her, "A little. I'm sorry that I haven't talked to you for a while. I have a lot going on at school. I also was in the hospital earlier this week."

"What happened? Oliver said something about that. People at school think it was for a STD, but I didn't think so. I do know that many girls are angry about you breaking up with Oliver."

"I guaranteed that. You can tell them that I've been single since then. It probably won't make a difference about the STD thing though."

"What were you in for?"

"Ulcer. Basically a hole in my stomach caused by stress or something like that. I had to go back in today and they said that I had to cut back on something that stressed me out. So you're looking at the former senior class president of East High."

"That has to suck. Who will take over?"

"Ashton. So it isn't like the party will totally go down hill. He'll probably even use my notes for it. I just hope the present will work."

"Can I know what it is?"

"Not. Not until the day of or when it's getting done. That is if it happens. Though, I might be a little selfish."

"I have to go. Just promise you will talk to Ashton before the party and when you give up your presidency make sure you explain why," I watch her get up and walk her out of my house.

I look down at my buzzing phone and sigh.

"Hey, Ashton."

"Did you talk to Bryly yet?"

"Yeah she was just here. I needed to talk to you though."

"Yeah what's up?"

Ashton's POV

"I have to resign from my presidency for the class which will make you the new president," He voice doesn't waver when she says it.

"You what?" I accidently drop the plate I am holding and it breaks.

"What was that? Are you okay?"

"Yeah I just dropped a plate on accident. Sorry. So why do you have to drop it? Dose it have to do with your ulcer?"

"Yes. The doctor said that I should be laying off of something and it isn't like I can just drop out of school or get rid of all my boy problems. The only thing I can actually give up is the presidency and work through the rest."

"That sounds good I guess. And Cher? I'm sorry."

"You don't need to keep apologizing. I'll see you Monday at the class meeting."

"Goodbye, Cher," I say before hanging up. I shake my head and squat down to take care of the broken plate. I put them in a plastic shopping bag before throwing it into the dumpster outside.

***

The next Monday, we have a class meeting where Cher is going to resign. I am the only one who knows about this. Even though I am the one who's getting the position, not giving it up, I feel really bad about it.

"Hey everybody. A lot of you know about what happened early last week. Because of it, I have to step down from my position. That means, Asher will be your new president and take over everything. If you have any questions about what I was intending for this, please come talk to me. I'm sorry about all the switches, but we're almost out of here and this won't have to happen again. Other than than I'm going to let Asher take over."

I step up to the podium and watch Cher step down to her own seat with everybody else. She looks upset about all of this, but she did offer my her binder of notes which I fully intend on looking at and from what she told me about the project thing, I intend on doing it.

Cher's POV

I sit and watch as Ashton describes everything that we've gone through and everything that is set in stone. He says that we're going to talk about our project a different day once all of the party is ready. I am happy about that, but I'm worried that my plan for the project is too personal and that people won't agree with the idea.

The next few days go by slowly with all the meetings. I wish I could be up there planning everything with everybody, but I know that won't happen. After school on Friday, I go to the store to get my dress for graduation.

"Cher?" I hear someone behind me, I turn around to see Oliver with Bryly.

"Hey. How are you guys?" I say and force a smile.

"Great, really great. After everything with prom, I realized that I wanted someone in my life and well, here we are now," Bryly says.

"That's great. For both of you."

"What's up? What are you doing here?" Oliver asks.

"Looking for a graduation dress. I'm not president anymore, so I actually have time to shop now."

"When did you step down or get off or something?"

"Monday. It was because I was in the hospital and what I got worsened. So, here I am."

Sorry it isn't super long! Next one is going to be the long one and one of the last chapters before a epilogue. I have an idea for my next book too!