PRE-FACE

No one knew when it all started. The nights of shrieks; the nights of fear. No one safe from it; be it men, women or even children. The humiliations of not be able to do anything. The fear of being controlled. The fear of not knowing if it is your turn to die.

They only knew one thing and that was to run.

"Help! Someone help me!" A woman shrieked as she ran towards an alley. She had no idea what was chasing her. Just whoever it was, was thirsty for her blood.

She clutched her bag to her chest and ran with all she got. Her blond hair whipping on her face as she turned to the corner.

The fear that resides in us when we face danger. That feeling when you know it is your turn and the only thing that you can do is hide. That is what made us humans. The top of the food chain, yet the most hunted one.

The woman continued crying for help, but her pleas fell to deaf ears. No one close to saving her. As she was turning to another corner, she did not notice the rock that was on the way.

"Ah!" She yelled as she clutched her left ankle. The fall led to her ankle twisting. As she was yelping in pain, she heard a footslog walk. Whoever that was chasing her was coming close. She continued yelling for help as she was unable to get up.

"You do know that screaming for help is futile." A dark chuckle came from behind her. She turned around to see a person with a long black coat and a smiling emoji mask. She crawled backwards to get further away from him.

"Sweetheart, where are you running off to? You do know that there is nowhere to go." The masked person inched closer to her and took out a knife.

She whimpered, shaking her head. "Please spare my life."

"Your wish is my command." And with that, her neck is slashed, splashing blood everywhere. Her soul left her body as her hand went limp to her sides.

With that, began the night of terrors. It was just the start of human destruction.

 It was just the start of human destruction