Episode 3 (Part 1): THE THREAT LURKING AROUND

Please Don't Forget to Vote and Comment

Danger is real, but fear is a choice- Anonymous

(PS...QOUTES AND PICTURES DO NOT BELONG TO ME, BUT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNER.)

"Yah! Bong-Soon!" Her mother's loud voice screeched behind the screen as soon as she picked up the phone. "When are you going to bring my grandkids? Don't you know that your father is sick?"

Bong Soon rolled her eyes at her mother's dramatic antics. She knew her mother was lying as she talked with her father earlier in the day. He was doing well and in fact, he opened another bakery around the local area as his business was booming.

She sighed. "Umma, why can't you just say that you missed your grandkids instead of creating one of your sob stories?"

Her mother made a loud gasp. There she goes again. Bong thought. Her mother was a drama queen, maybe that was where Jin-Yu got her dramatic antics from.

"You! What do you mean by 'creating one of your sob stories'?!" She yelled into the phone. "I have raised you better than that."

Bong just placed her phone under her neck and leaned into it. She took a step towards the kitchen to get started on lunch. Her mother's rants took a long time so she might as well use them to do something productive.

"Umma, calm down. I was just saying that it is okay to miss your grandkids." She grabbed a knife out of the cabinet and took her ingredients out of the fridge.

"You know what? I don't have the time to argue with your stone-head today. Can you just bring my grandkids?"

Bong-Soon stopped chopping the onions with a disbelief look on her face. Was her mother okay? She wondered. For the first time, she did not have the time to argue which was quite surprising.

"Umma, are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

She shook her head then she realized that she couldn't see her. "It is just that you wanted to stop arguing."

"You are making it sound like I like arguing. Yah! Brat! Do you want to die?"

"Nevermind. Anyways, I can bring the girls over the weekend."

"Good. You better." She could hear the joyful tone and rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. As much as her mother annoyed her, she loved the old lady to bits after all she was the reason why she was the strong woman she is today.

"Okay, umma. I have got to go now as I need to take lunch to my husband later on."

"Yeah, see you later. I need to ward off those women too. They have been coming to the store a lot lately and I am sure it is not for the goods."