Chapter 8: Snow day

Location: Kelly residents, time morning

It was a pretty unusual morning for Adam ever since he had that dream last night. He was sitting up in the bed while Ruby was sound asleep. It wasn't a school day but he didn't want to wake anyone up. It was that time in the morning when sun was about to come out but it still looked dark. He still couldn't fathom how weird that dream. Usually Adam doesn't dream that often and rarely and I mean rarely get a dream at night. If he were to dream he could completely control if he wanted to. He did dream in the morning but they where like alternate dream like a possibility what could happen if he woke up or so.

Adam: What was that dream? I never have dreams like that especially when they wake me up at night. Ugh never mind, I think I should find a way to past the time.

Said boy got out of bed and tried to not wake his sleeping companion up. Adam stared at Ruby's sleeping face.

Adam: Cute. Wait why am I thinking that?! Shut up mind!

Adam got out of the bed and went to the living room to enjoy some free time by reading and watching some videos.

Timeskip

It was about 11:00 a.m and Ruby finally woke up. She was curious where Adam was because he would still by laying in bed by now. As she walked into the living room she was surprised to see Adam up. Adam spotted her.

Adam: Good morning Ruby.

Ruby: Adam, how long have you been up?

Adam: A few hours. I woke up really early so I just did whatever I could to pass the time.

Ruby: Oh you don't really wake up early.

Adam: If you're wondering, there is nothing wrong with me.

Ruby: How did you know what I was going to say.

Adam: It's kinda my thing, and no I'm not Joseph Jostar for JoJo. (Cue the JoJo memes!)

Ruby: Huh?

Adam: Anime series.

Ace then walks into the room.

Ace: Your up and you don't look tired Adam.

Ruby: He got up really early.

Ace: Also mom and dad aren't here.

Adam: Yeah I saw them leave earlier.

Ace: So what were y'all doing *Sarcastically* being love birds?

Adam/Ruby: No!

Adam: Say anything and I beat you into next week ok!

Ace shakes his head and walks into the kitchen. Ruby looks at Adam and sees a blush fading away quickly.

Adam: Sorry about that. Oh your blushing.

Ruby: Um sorry I was thinking of something and it made me blush.

Adam: Oooooookaaaaaaaayyyyy?

*Beeep* *Beeep*

Adam's phone started to ring. He takes it out and checks who it is.

Adam: It's Chris,*On phone* Sup!

Chris: Hay are you free in the afternoon?

Adam: Yeah, why?

Chris: Well we have a mission for you and Ruby. Will brief you later.

Adam: Alright then, see you in a bit.

Ruby: Who was that?

Adam: It was Chris, he said that we got a mission later so get dressed and let's enjoy our free time until later.