Dimitri's point of view in A Different Frostbite

'It's the right thing' and 'they come first' were beginning to get on my nerves. Those two mantras I was relying on to keep my feelings for Rose at bay. It just wasn't working. I had a feeling it was hurting me more than her right now. But, it was hurting her- amplifying my pain and guilt over our predicament. She was my student and 7 years my junior. She was also my other half.

She'd had her qualifier yesterday and passed without difficulties. She had high marks and regards from Art Schoenberg. They're not things he gives out lightly, especially from qualifiers. She had respect for him and he for her- he'd been able to see that she'd do anything to protect her Moroi- and I mean anything, above and beyond normal commitments. Her history showed it- especially her 2 year gap once she fully explained the intricacies. He turned that into a positive for her and admired her. She was going to be a great guardian and it was my job to get her to graduation. If I could figure out what to do about these feelings- she didn't know the outcome of her qualifier and I wanted to celebrate it with her. Problem was; so would her friends. Damn it! Time to cave. I rang her- a dangerous move but what the hell!

"Comrade?! What the hell? You never ring this time of night. It's supposed to be the other way around!" She whisper yelled in excitement.

"Yeah, yeah. I know I'm supposed to be the responsible one here. Sneak out- I have your results from your qualifier."

"On my way!" She hung up. Good god. Now I was encouraging her bad behaviour. Covering her ass when she snuck out and I caught her was one thing, asking her to do it was another. Just then there was a know on my door. She's good I'll give her that! I opened the door and ushered her in, quickly shutting and locking the door and pressing her against it.

"Comrade?" She started cautiously "is it really that bad?" A suggestive twinkle in her eye.

"I'm going to ignore the innuendo. It was amazing." I kissed her with everything I had, letting her feel all the locked up emotions. Her response told me she got them and was returning with her own and then some. I pulled back ever so slightly, both of us panting. "You are amazing. Come here." I pulled her to the bed and positioned her so she could lean he back into my chest. I grabbed her report from the bedside table and handed it to her. As she read I trailed kisses all over her neck, collarbones and cheeks. She sighed in content.

"All that from him?!" She couldn't believe, I could.

"Yep. Told you he'd like you."

"Reversing a black mark?! How is that possible?!"

"Simple- no one argues with Art Schoenberg. He admires you you know?"

"No way!"

"Yup. I do too. The way you handled Natalie, amazing." I could see the protest coming.

"But.."

"You did what you had to. You didn't hesitate- my most important lesson milaya." And for once I didn't hesitate with her. I gave in and gave up- handing myself over to her and she to me.

"What happened to your super self control comrade?" She panted out after I rolled off her, but not breaking the contact.

"You Roza. You're rubbing off on me" I smiled and kissed her cheek.

"You don't say!" She caught the double meaning, laughing.

"You just taught me my own lesson milaya!" I laughed "never hesitate".

"Damn you!" She slapped my chest playfully.

"You, are simply perfect- in every way" I sighed.

"Thanks comrade but I'm anything but!"

"Not true" I smothered any other argument with a kiss, that soon grew to rival what we had just done.

"I love you milaya. So much. No more hiding from each other."

"I love you too Dimitri" she kissed my cheek. "More than you can ever know." Just then my phone rang, ruining the moment.

"Ugh. Damn it!" I hated this interruption so much I swore in English.