Chapter 9

Classes started two days later but Rose wasn't in them. I didn't blame her. She was hurting, so much, so, so, so much. It was going to take her a while to get over this.

She spent most of her time with me in the gym. We actually focused on training. Her endurance and stamina was going through the roof. Her battle skills were becoming much more refined, and her ability to spot and use an advantage was impressive- as was her spontaneity.

If she wasn't with me she was in her room or the cafeteria. She didn't go back to class for two weeks.

"Comrade?"

"Roza?"

"You remember meeting Adrian on the trip?"

Ugh. He was consciously trying to take me fiancé away from me. She was giving him the cold shoulder but it wasn't getting through. "Yes."

"Tatiana wants to marry him off to Lissa. She also thinks that I'm making moves on him. Well will think. I'm in for a huge bitch match with her after Victors trial in a month." Her voice only held the slightest hint of her prophecy voice.

"You're not-" I was cut off. I should have known better from her wording and voice quality.

"I know. We're not allowed to go- yet. Bloody Adrian pulls strings with Tatiana."

"Oh boy. He does want you doesn't he?"

"And he doesn't get me." Okay, freaky, her prophecy voice was full force.

"Anything else?"

She sighed. "Ghosts. Jesse's not-yet-established Mana group breaks the wards. A Strigoi attack and" she was in the full throes of a vision "No!" Her scream was bloodcurdling and full of pain and heartbreak. She collapsed to the floor, tears streaming down her face and rocking in a foetal position. "God. No! Please, please, please! No!" What on earth had she seen! "There's got to be something, anything, to stop it, prevent it!" She was looking at me but not seeing me.

"Roza. Roza? Milaya? What did you see? What needs to be prevented?"

"St-st-Strigoi." She stammered out. "You. Turned." Holy shit!

"Was it a permanent vision?"

"No. But very hard to detect its malleability. I can't see a way out. I can't find a work around." Her voice was empty, devoid of emotion. Completely. Even a Strigoi at least held malice in their voice. It was a scary thought- me as a Strigoi. What was worse was that it seemed fixed. Rose's voice however, that was in a league of its own. It was like she wasn't there- nothing registered. It had me completely freaked out.

"What if? What if we leave?"

"No. That's worse. Like, dead Lissa turned Christian and Strigoi slave Eddie worse."

"Oh Roza."

"D-d-Dimitri." She started shaking and sobbing. I picked her up and carried her to the store room and sat her down on my lap, completely wrapping her in me.

"I love you. Always and forever. Always and forever." I leaned in and kissed her- a kiss so powerful, so full of life and love our souls were more on fire than ever before. Our clothes came off and this moment was of the utmost importance and utterly urgent. It was soul searing and being burning. I was made for her, meant for her and had always been destined for her. I loved her more than anything and she needed to know it. Right now and right here.