DPOV- In a Different Blood Promise

Chapter 1

It was the day before Rose's birthday and I was in Alberta's office while she was confronting Adrian. I had accumulated enough leave for the length of time Rose had seen we'd need in Russia.

"What's going on Belikov?" I was asked the millisecond the door's lock clicked.

"I need to take a leave of absence. It has to do with one of Rose's permanent visions." As soon as those words were out of my mouth understanding crossed her face.

"She's dropping?"

"Temporarily. We need to take out the Novosibirsk ringleader and her cronies."

"How long?"

"Five weeks, six at most. I have enough accumulated time."

"Fine. Let's ring Hans. When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow."

"Typical Rose, the second no one can argue her decision she's doing it. Speaking of which," a tender look crossed her face, uh oh, "bring her back a Belikova. I know that ring she's worn since Christmas has to be an engagement one because it's on her left hand and never leaves. I'll make sure your cover is still in tact when you get back, just bring her back your wife." Oh good god, that was unexpected.

And I had no clue how to respond. Mama and co would love to see me happily married to my other half. We could always remarry over here, keep up the facade until safe, we wouldn't be judged back home. The thought of returning with Roza as my wife was tempting. Very much so. "I'll talk to her about it."

"Now let's call Croft." She dialled and put the phone on loudspeaker.

"Croft." The Head Guardian answered.

"Croft, it's Belikov here. I need time off. Starting tomorrow. Six weeks at most." I simply stated.

"Why? You hate time off."

"It's necessary. Rose permanent vision necessary."

"Ugh. Her Majesty is trying to remove her and I won't do it. Is it just you or is Rose dropping out and back in?"

"She's giving herself another behavioural black mark because it's needed long term."

"Fine. Consider it done. I'm not arguing with her prophecies. It's scary."

"Thank you. And you've barely seen anything when it comes to her prophecies. If you think you've seen scary you're sorely mistaken. She just barely avoided letting Edison Castile get captured, two being turned (myself being one), and twenty-eight guardians being killed. I'm talking by minutes. She'd seen it over a month in advance and her voice was completely devoid of emotion, as in absolutely no emotion it was worse than a Strigoi's."

"Okay. That is terrifying." You don't say?! "I'll get that leave sorted." We disconnected just before Rose knocked and I let her in.

"All sorted on the Adrian front."

"What was the cost?"

"Come back in one piece and start that revolution. I told him about Tatiana's opinions, he hated them to the point of wanting to teach her a lesson."

"Wow. I don't even want to know what other advantages you pushed."

"I didn't play him if that's what your referring too." I just smiled and nodded as my response. She then turned to Alberta, "did we get it?"

"Yes. Get those papers to me first thing. I'll organise the re enrolment for when you return."

"Thanks Alberta."