Chapter 2

"Belikov!" I immediately felt bad for whoever was on the other end. They wouldn't know what they were interrupting. Except a normal persons sleep.

"Belikov. What's wrong?" Guardian Petrov answered. Shit! So didn't need her suspecting anything!

"You interrupted something" I sighed.

"Rose?"

"Rose what?"

"I'm guessing I interrupted you celebrating her qualifier results with her." Shit! Were we really that obvious?

"Why are you ringing Guardian Petrov?" I tried redirecting the conversation, she dropped the subject of Rose. Or so I had thought.

"Council hasn't heard from Schoenberg since Roses' qualifier. You know he updates each day. We need you and Rose to go and check it out."

"Why me? And why take Rose?"

"Because the two of you are highest in his esteem. And if there has been an attack... Rose has a knack for walking into and sorting out the impossible. I can't send her on her own. No one wants to dispatch a swat team yet. If you have to dispatch a team she should see how it's dealt with. Get over here in 5 minutes. You leave in 15- with Rose, no argument."

I sighed "okay. We're on our way."

"Come on Rose. We've got to go."

"What's going on?" She asked as we started getting dressed.

"Art hasn't reported to council since we left. He normally reports' each day. They want us to sus it out."

"Why us?" We left. Not having bothered with our mussed up hair- no time and she looked adorable and I was enjoying the reminder. I believe she secretly did too, despite her complaints.

"Multiple reasons" I repeated Petrov's reasoning to her.

We reached Petrovs door seconds later. We entered when called.

"I did interrupt you two, didn't I?" She smiled knowingly. Shit! She had it all figured out. Although our hair, clothes too probably, gave us away. "You two have a task to do. If you can hold off undressing each other mentally." She really did figure us out. "I only trust the two of you to handle this."

"We'll do whatever is required Alberta" Rose surprisingly recovered before I did.

"Belikov?"

"Agreed."

"Get outta here you two." We did and headed to the garages.

"Damn it! She has us pinned!" Rose swore once we were out the gates. Another 5 hour drive with Rose- 3 in 2 days.

"That she does. But she clearly trusts us. I actually think she's slightly amused."

"Not fair!"

"We'll deal with it milaya." I took her hand in mine.

"I meant you changing the radio to the '80s again!"

"Fine. Put it on modern Roza. Tonight's your night."

"Really comrade?"

"Really Roza. I actually don't mind some of the new stuff, just hate the hype over it." It was true. "Plus you're adorable when you're pissed off".

"Damn you Dimitri!" She changed the station.

"That is exactly what I mean- adorable. How I resist that face I'll never know."

She only huffed by response.