Drop Off

Adam took me to The Waffle-house. A place of wonders. Real Wonders. That was 3 days ago.

Things were going well. Ad-Rock and I were going steady. He would drive me to school and then pick me up and take me to get food or something, then he would take me home. Where Adam never showed up.

3 days since I saw my brother last and it honestly scared me. Mike called me a few times to let me know that Adam was ok and he just needed a few days to think. It was understandable, but it was also pissing me off.

Adam left me to deal with our parents. A dumb ass drunk, diaper baby, rage monster of a father and a helpless mother. I couldn't take care of our mother alone. Adam had to come back.

I started thinking about this one day as I laid on my bed doing homework. I completely lost my shit. I got my shoes on and pulled a hoodie over my head as I made my way out the door in a rush. Mikes house may be a mile away but the walk would be worth it. I was going to kick his ass.

It took me 12 minutes to get to Mikes house. Record time to see Adam making his way down the porch steps. He was fumbling the keys to his truck in his hands.

"Hey dickhead!" I called in rage. Adam looked confused until his eyes landed on me. "Long time no see" I added.He then gave his eyes a nice roll and continued to walk to his truck. I ran up to him and cut him off.

"How fucking dare you leave me to take care of mom alone" I yelled and shoved him as hard as I could. He stumbled back only a little bit. He didn't get angry, he knew he was wrong but he didn't look at me.

"You have no idea how hard it is to try and keep that woman from having a mental breakdown. Me, your younger sister! You're an asshole Adam!" He didn't let this one pass him up.

"So are you Amber" I didn't argue because he was right. I am an asshole.

"Ok yeah I am but it doesn't take 3 fucking days to forgive your sister for falling in love with your best friend" Adam starts to respond then his face contorts into a funny look of confusion.

"In love? With Ad Rock?" He busts out into laughter.

"I thought you too were just hooking up" he continues to laugh while I rest my hands on my hips and give him a mean look.

"You know very well that I'm not like that Adam" he shrugs wearing a stupid look on his face while I'm still fuming at him.

"You're my sister, I immediately thought the worst. I just wanted what's best for you because I love you too much to see you get hurt. Plus I didn't want to have to hurt my best friend." This made my anger fade away and I smile at my brother.

"Adam we could have talked about this 3 days ago" I say and laugh as I go up and hug him.

"Let's go for a ride" he says as he hugs me back. I missed my brother and a ride in his car sounded amazing.

"Yeah okay" I say and we get into his car and take a nice long ride to talk things over. I ask him what he did the past few days and then I tell him how my past few days have gone. He apologizes for leaving me with mom and dad and I surprise myself by forgiving him. I was just happy we were okay again.

"So you and Ad-Rock are like a couple now?" Adam asks smiling though I can tell he was serious.

"We aren't like a couple, we are a couple. We're getting serious." I say cautiously hoping Adam doesn't freak out again. He doesn't but he stopped smiling almost immediately.

"Just remember my warning" is all he says before turning onto a dirt road that I knew so well. I smiled.

"Why here?" I ask.

"Where else would we go?" Adam smiled as we made our way up the dirt road.

"Literally anywhere" I say and I can't help but smile with him.

After a bit of silence and a few minutes driving on the dirt road, we came to a clearing. We called it the drop off. One of my favorite places on the planet. Adam would always bring me here as a kid... when our parents fought.

It was basically just a huge cliff that looked out over the harbor. It was beautiful.

Adam and I found the gigantic stump we used to sit on together all those years ago, and we talked for hours about everything. This moment was exactly what we had needed for the longest time.

Well that took forever for me to update...
I sincerely apologize. But it might take another good bit of time for me to come out with another chapter.