Chapter 1

Sals P.O.V

  It was the morning of my first day of school in Nockfell. I rolled out of bed and I put on the same old black sweater and ripped burgundy jeans. And as I buckled my prosthetic I heard my walkie talkie cut in.

"Hey Sal, you almost ready, dude?" Larrys' voice echoed through my room.

I checked the time, shit I'm late again.

"Shit sorry, on my way Lar" I held down the talk button on the walkie talkie as I ran to the elevator.

TIME SKIP AT SCHOOL

Me and Lar arrived at school, Larry had to go grab some stuff from his locker so I waited by the first class for him. I felt the presence of a dumbass; Travis.

"Hey fag, you waiting for your boyfriend" Travis asked

"He is NOT my boyfriend, and could you just leave me alone" I snapped back.

Larry is taking forever to get his shit, common man I want to stop talking to this shit head.

"I see the protected is trying to be the protecter, Well its not going to work." He says while shoving me on the wall.

I see Larry in the distance of the small sea of people crowding the narrow hall.
He spots me and waves, He knows somethings up but its really nothing new.

TIME SKIP LUNCH

Ugh, bologna day. The worst! It tastes like human flesh its not appetizing, although Chug seems to love the stuff cant get enough.

Travis is sitting at the table next to us like normal, Larry to my right and Ash and Todd to the left of me. I keep getting glares from the table next to us.. i can feel him planning something.

"Hey, its the homo squad. I bet the bologna is making y'all fags, God would never love you!" Travis preached

I could sense Larry and Ash getting upset almost ready to punch him but i stop them, he already had a black eye. Wouldnt be surprised if it was from his dad.

"Sal, im about to beat his head in." Larry growled

I picked up my lunch tray full of food and stood up.

"Heading to the washroom, see you in class." I said heading towards the trash can.

I opened the door to the washroom and closed it slowly behind me. I took off my prosthetic to cool off before the rest of the day, i stepped toward the sink to wash off my hands and i stepped on a a crumpled paper.

I picked it up and sat my prosthetic on the counter and opened the note.

" I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different.

The truth is, I can't stop thinking about you. I'm crazy about you. I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings are wrong. It's not the way a boy should feel. Shame swallows me whole. My father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever I just...."

I scratched the back of my neck. I heard a slight sob, and tears trying to be held in i knock on the last stall door.

"Travis? Is that you?"