Chapter 7

SAL'S P.O.V

I got to Addison apartments in no time, i didn't want to look back. I felt guilty for leaving Travis in such a situation but i didn't want to make things worse then they already were.

Travis's dad was a douche, i dont understand how anyone one could fall for someone like that. Abusive and strict the worst combination.

I went to go talk to Larry , more then 10 minuets had passed shit, im screwed.

I knocked on his door.

"Hey Sal."

"Hey Larry, sorry im a little later then expected"

"Its okay dude, I wanted to talk to you, Can you come in?"

 "Yeah, i got all night" i said reassuringly 

We sat on his two bean bag chairs in his room with Sanity's fall softly in the background.

"So, what did you want to talk about..?" i said curiously

"I wanted to apologize for yelling at you today, You were being a nice guy. I cant believe it though, Never imagined you hanging with Travis."

"He's pretty genuine when you talk to him, he's not a monster..."

" I shouldn't have lashed out on you and Travis, I know his home life is rough but it doesn't excuse the things he does" he said 

" I know, but i wanted to give him a shot ya know. He doesn't deserve to be treated that way. like a monster.. I know how it feels to be alienated" i said bringing sad thoughts in my head.

"We are best friends right.. I can tell you anything and you'll keep it to yourself" i said hesitant.

"Yeah dude, anything you need to talk about." he said worried

"I think i like Travis.. I dont know why or how i just get butterfly's or worried im not sure how i feel"

"Aw, Sal. Thats cute as shit dude. Do you know if he likes you?"

" He kinda told me he loved me earlier tonight... thats why it took so long for me to get here"

"SAL, Thats great, i mean a little weird considering what he's done but if you like him have fun bro."

"Yeah but, he's still convinced he's not gay. God wouldn't love him, neither would his dad, but his dad doesn't love him now." i said sadly

"Thats shitty, how would you wanna live in a place were your not cared for"

Larry Gave me an idea.

"Maybe we should invite him over? Like a guys night, Movies video games and pizza"

"Yeah man, that sounds great, your gonna have to ask him tomorrow"

"Okay, Sounds like a plan Lar, Im gonna head upstairs to get some rest"

"okay dude, see ya tomorrow morning, Mom is gonna let me drive to school ill give you a lift."

"Okay, see you bright and early"

I headed up to my room and got ready for bed, put on an over sized shirt, probably one of Larry's and went to brush my hair and teeth.

I unbuckled my prosthetic and hopped into bed.

I went to sleep so fast, i was so tired from school and Travis's dad.

I had a nightmare.

I was in a white room and i could hear screams, and whipping sounds, the cry's for help got louder and i couldn't move, no  one was helping whoever was yelling. The screams got louder and louder, Travis's voice echoed thought the white abis and all i could do was tear up, Tears streaming down my face i couldn't help him. I was stuck, The terror in the cracking voice. was this what he went through was this what made him such a prick at school. I wanted to rescue him, i wanted to scoop him up and run and run and run.

I gasped as i woke up, trying to catch my breathe, i was crying, and sweaty. I searched for my walkie talkie, it was 3 am at this point but i knew Larry would wake up.

"L-larr-y"

"Yeah, dude. Did you have a nightmare again?" he said yawning

"Ye-e-" he cut me off

"Im coming up, give me a minuet"

Larry made his way up to my apartment i let him in he immediately hugged me. The tears were rolling.

"what was it about?"

"I was stuck in a white abis, and all i could hear was screaming and yells for help. It was Travis's voice. I couldn't move i wanted to help him." I said stumbling on every second word.

Larry held me in a warm embrace.

"Its all good little dude, its just a nightmare" He patted my head.

I sniffled and drifted back into a deep sleep.

TIME SKIP MORNING

 I woke up and Larry was gone. I assumed he went back downstairs.

I put on the usual shirt and pants.Snapped on my prosthetic and headed to Larry's.

We got into Larry's mom's Lisa's car and drove to school.