Child! Chase Brody part 7

Two days had past since the sleep over in Anti’s room and nothing has changed. Chase was still a six year old, showing no signs of changing back into an adult. Chase started to worry. He knew that the spell would wear off but when? Will it wear off in days, weeks, months… years?! The awful part is that Chase didn’t know, but the worst part is that he’s stuck as a child during it.

Chase was in his room, staring at himself for the first time since he first turned into a child. He looked just like he did in his old Photo albums when he was that age. “Small and adorable” the others liked to put it. But to Chase, he felt… useless and powerless. He looked at his hat that hung loosely on his head. He was wearing new clothes that Marvin had provided for him but that hat was the only thing that didn’t fit, and he hated it.

Chase hated being a child. He felt so small and weak. He wanted to be a grown up again. To make his own food, to take a bath without some one having to watch him, to fit in his real clothes, to actully reach for stuff he wanted… to be independent again.

Chase only blamed himself for this. If he had not disturbed Marvin he wouldn’t of been in this mess. All Chase could hear was everyone reminding him of how childish he was.

*“SOMETIMES YOU ACT LIKE A DAMN CHILD!”*

*“You should of thought of that before acting so childish.”*

*“I always knew you were childish but now your as weak as one.”*

He felt like he was on the verge of crying, wanting this curse to wear off. He watched as little tears started to slid down his face, making him feel pathetic. He was always a cry baby as a kid. Well That’s what he was now, a childish cry baby who deserved to-.

“Chase?”

Chase heard the voice of Schneep on the other side of the door and a soft knock soon after. Chase quickly wiped his eyes and turned to the door. “Y-yes?”

“Breakfast is ready, are you hungry sohn?”

Chase sighed looking down at the ground. It was suppost to be his turn to cook, but ofcorse this stupid curse got in the way. “Ye-yeah dad I am little bit.”

“Zhen hurry. You vouldn’t vant it to get cold.” Schneep said before he started to walk down the hall.

Chase stared at himself one more time, throwing on a fake smile, fixing his hat, grabbing his little septic Sam plush, and started walking out of his room, heading to the kitchen.

When Chase made it to the dinning room he found everyone was sitting at the table, including his kids who were tossing food at Anti. Anti was smiling flicking food at them as well, receiving a giggle from Sammy and Lucy. But after a second later, Anti’s eyes focused on Chase. He seemed to light up a bit. “Hey morning little bro.” Anti smiled, patting on a seat that was next to him. “I saved ya a seat.”

Chase gave him a small smile, walking over to the chair. He felt two arms grab him, looking up to see Anti help lift him up onto his chair.

He watched as Schneep came over and lifted his cap, ruffling his hair, before putting it back on his head, causing Chase to laugh a bit.

Chase had to admit there were some benefits to being a child. He developed a father, being Schneep and a brother, being Anti. These last couple of days were great too. He loved the extra time with the kids and he also liked hanging out with Anti. But the best part, he stopped having nightmares, instead, he was having calm and peaceful dreams.

“I made pancakes.” Marvin said putting down a plate stacked full of hot cakes in front of Chase. “Eat up.”

“Thank you Mawvin.” Chase said as he picked up his fork and tried to reach for the syrup, but he couldn’t reach.