Chapter Fourteen: You Are an Absolute Moron

I walked out into the hallway, and finally found Schmidt, only he was shirtless, and had a terrible sunburn all over his chest and stomach.

"Oh my gosh, what did you do?!" I asked, gesturing to his sunburn.

"I was outside...wearing sun tan oil."

"You put on way too much. Have you put Aloe on that?" 

"No, I don't have any, and I've been cautious about putting on a shirt, so I couldn't go get some."

"Come on." I grabbed his arm, pulling him into the bathroom and grabbing my shower bag, pulling out the Aloe lotion. I squirted it on my hand and began applying it to his sunburn. "This was really stupid, Schmidt."

"Yeah, well that's not the only stupid thing I've done recently." I didn't meet his eyes. "Look, I'm sorry about dancing with CeCe the other night-"

"I never asked why you were waiting outside of the shower." I said, still not looking up at him. 

"No...I guess you didn't."

"I was already mad, and I just jumped to conclusions without actually asking you why...or talking to you about how I felt before getting mad about it, and...I'm sorry."

"Your sorry?" He asked. "I'm the one who should be sorry. I knew how you felt about CeCe. I just get so competitive with Winston, and I got carried away. I'm sorry. That's why I was waiting outside of the shower. I wanted to apologize."

"Well, I appreciate that, however, you could have waited until I was...oh, I don't know...clothed?"

"I didn't know if you would talk to me if you had the opportunity to slam a door in my face." I shrugged.

"Fair enough." Suddenly I felt his hand on my face, his thumb tilting my chin up so that I would look at him.

"Look, Bec...I like you. Like really like you." I bit my lip. "And I had this whole profound speech planned, but I forgot it because it's really hot when you bit your lip like that."

"I will go get the jar." I threatened. He laughed and I smiled. "But for some reason that I personally have yet to figure out...I really like you too."

"Ok...so we really like each other, we're both idiots-"

"That's pushing it."

"We both did things that we are sorry for." I nodded.

"Better."

"So, now that we've both come to that conclusion, what do we do now?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe let's just see where things go?"

"And by see where things go, that means you don't want me to see other girls-"

"Are you seriously asking that question right now?" I asked.

"I just wanted to be sure! You know, just in case-" I ignored him, reaching into his pocket and grabbing his wallet. "What are you doing?" I walked into the living room and over to the jar, shoving his entire wallet inside and screwing on the lid. "The leather is going to be warped after being shoved in that jar, you know that's Italian-"

"Schmidt?"

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Shut up." I told him. He nodded.

"Yes ma'am." I put my hands on his face, leaning forward and pressing my mouth against his. His hand found my waist, and he pulled me against him before immediately regretting the decision and wincing, pulling away from me. "Oh, gosh!"