Chapter 2

Sometimes people react to death in different ways. Ashton was one of those people who kind of just sit there and contemplates everything. He cries and then gets over it more quickly since he accepts it. Gemma tries to stay strong and holds everyone together.

But, Harry.

He doesn't accept it. They never had a family death that was close to home like this. Their grandma was one of those grandmas who comes to every birthday and holiday and brings cookies. She would favorite Harry the most, not that Gemma and Ashton cared. And, that's why it was harder for him.

Ashton wasn't close to their grandma, but he did cry. However, when he saw Harry's tears he knew he needed to be the rock this time. His older brother never cries and it was so hard to see those tears falling like that. His grandma was like his mum and Ashton understood, but didn't relate to that.

It's not like he didn't care that she died. Of course he did, he cares when anyone dies. A murderer could die and he would still feel the tiniest bit sad. Because, death was such a sad thing no matter what. Of course, he wouldn't wish the murderer was alive, he would just feel upset because a person was lying dead underground and he knew.

That's why Ashton did shed some tears, but he cared more for Harry's. He hugged his brother and their friends didn't come by often to give them some space. When Harry was sad, no one wanted to be around simply because it was hard to see a typically happy person crying.

Harry was always the comforting person, but now he had to be comforted and it was just weird in so many ways. Ashton didn't know how to make him feel better because he never had to. He didn't know what to do and was so lost as he tried to hold him, spoon his smaller yet older brother.

When they went to the funeral, it was the worst thing ever. The funeral in general was beautiful. They all wore white, because they agreed she was a bright person and black was too depressing. Harry looked amazing per usual with his white pants and white blouse. He had a flower in his hair and well, he cried a lot.

Ashton never knew how to handle the tension of a death. It was like egg shells were everywhere and people needed to avoid them best they could. Their parents were sad as well, but they must have seen it coming. Ashton didn't know how. But, the beans spilled and Harry wasn't happy.

Apparently grandma had Alzheimers disease and she just slowly started dying. What hurt the most for Harry was no one told him. No one said she was dying and he had to find out she passed away through a letter. Not a phone call or a visit. He found out through a dumbass letter and even got money from it. As if saying, "I died, here's some money".

Let's just say, Harry wasn't happy. He wasn't even sad over the death anymore, he was just mad at his parents and left the funeral after it was over. Ashton of course followed his brother and tried to talk some sense into him. He knew Harry was mad, hell, he was also mad. But, he didn't think he should hold a grudge over it.

Harry was stubborn, however, and just shrugged off his brother's hand. Ashton let him go and that's how they were where they were. Harry was ignoring Ashton somewhat and off on his own. He started distancing himself and wouldn't talk much. Everyone figured he was just going through the mourning process and gave him some time.

Ashton didn't want to be selfish. His brother was dealing with the death on his own and he should respect that. But, he felt impatient. How long would it take? Days, weeks or months? Even years? He didn't want Harry to lose his happy-go-lucky self when grandma would want him to be happy.

Sadly, Harry just faked smiles and sometimes he just didn't bother. He wasn't even just upset over his grandma, he was upset cause business was also running slow and now he was having bad days more than usual. Harry was a mess at the moment and nothing could fix this.