Chapter 8

The sugar high was very annoying for Harry. He was late to work the next day and wasn't on his best behavior. The after-effects of a sugar high involve exhaustion. At least, it does for Harry and he wasn't very happy with knowing he had a lot of work to do with the café.

Considering what has been going on recently, meaning the Louis/Luke situation, the brother drama and the lack of love, Harry was just a mess. He wanted so badly to believe that maybe this dumb war was going to be over. Because, that's what it felt like. It was basically a dumb war between the two groups.

However, he should know things don't just end like that. Harry and Ashton can be very competitive, but at least they were aware of it. Most people deny it and they easily accept this. Ashton is more competitive than Harry, though. While Harry can easily end things, Ashton never will.

While the two brothers were already having this tension over the thoughts of an engagement, there were lots of glares and expressions being done. It was hard for them to deal with this, because they never really fight and they still weren't. But, it was just the thought of the fact that they were...not agreeing with something.

Most siblings have arguments and those moments with yelling and fighting, but not them. Ashton and Harry only ever argue over what to and not to watch or get or wear or listen to. Most of the time, they have similar telly and music tastes. They watch around the same things and they have a few differences, but they're mainly okay with the same things.

So, this one topic was a bit hard for them to agree on fully. Harry doesn't want Ashton getting engaged, let alone married. He's only nineteen and though age is just a number, maturity is a key that Ashton doesn't have. He's simply not ready and isn't really aware of that.

Ashton wants closure and he wants comfort. A marriage? That basically is what people believe to be a steady life which is comfortable. Ashton was scared to be alone and Harry knew that. That's why Ashton even lived with him. He just wanted the comfort of living with a person he know.

Harry was like that, he understood why Ashton wanted this. But, he accepted reality and the reality of the world is you need to understand that sometimes you can't be comfortable. Ashton was too stubborn to understand that and he just didn't want to hear it. He wasn't going to accept that.

That's how Ashton ended up in this situation; dating a girl he claimed to love. Because, Harry likes Biannca. She's nice and doesn't just let someone push her around. She's confident and sweet and takes charge sometimes. But, she just wanted the match for Ashton.

He always imagined his brother being with someone a bit more...innocent. More shy, but also dorky and just not 'cool' like Biannca. She needed a manly man and Ashton needed a dorky girl or something. Maybe even a guy. Someone who wasn't Biannca, basically.

Now, Harry didn't want to be the brother who felt like his little brother was too good for anyone. He just honestly felt like this was a mistake. Ashton will regret this if he truly did propose to Biannca and Harry didn't want to let that happen. Marriage should only been done once in a life and he wanted Ashton to make the right decision.

As the day went by, Harry was so sure Ashton may ask Zayn or Liam or Niall for advice about the proposal and he really wanted to make sure the guys didn't give him any advice. He didn't want his brother thinking it's okay to get married so young. It's his life and choice, but it's not a good one.

Sometimes Harry wondered why things like this happen and he knew it was just a proposal. But, he didn't want his brother regretting something. If he can prevent a mistake, he was going to prevent one. Even if Ashton may get angry or upset with him, it would be worth it.