Chapter 26: Goodbye, my love.

*JACKY'S POV*

I woke up and walked over to Casey. "Hey baby girl!" I cooed stop her.  I looked at Autumn when I picked Casey up. She was very still...A bit too still, And very pale. "A-Autumn?" I said looking over to her, she was so still, it was really strange. There was a small thought in that back of my head that I didn't want to think about. I couldn't cope with it, "Autumn?! Babe, please speak to me?!" I said raising my voice slightly, I rested Casey back in her crib and walked back over to Autumn "Autumn, please wake up... Please, please just move so I know you're still here?" She still just lay there; I ran out of the room and ran down the stairs "Woah! Dude! Careful! What's the hurry?!"

"It's Autumn, this really can't be happening, Ryan!!" His eyes widened as he was holding onto my shoulders. "I love her too much to let her go..." I said to him, tears streaming down my face, he let go of me and ran up to my room, Casey was crying, I walked over to her and picked her up and Ryan went over to Autumn, I just stood by Casey's crib, I couldn't bear to see Autumn this way...Dead!

After a few minutes, Ryan walked back over to me and hugged me cautiously because of Casey. "She was just starting life! Our daughter isn't even two weeks old! How will I cope, when Casey grows up, how will I tell her about her mother?! And how she died when she was only a week old!"

"It's ok man, all of us will be here for you! And you have Taylor and Ronnie who will always help you look after Casey. The most important thing is that you never forget how important Casey is in your life! She comes before any shows, any new albums, Casey comes before absolutely everything now! She is your top priority!" I nodded back at him, wiping tears from my face. "Always, Ryan, can you call the hospice?" I asked him. I needed to tell Taylor, I can't even begin to imagine what Taylor has been going through, seeing her best friend go through all of this. At least there is one thing now. My beautiful wife, is no longer in any kind of pain, that is the only thought keeping me alive at this moment, she may be gone, but Casey will never be allowed to forget her mom, and no one would ever be able to replace her! Ryan had gone downstairs to call them. I walked over to Autumn, holding Casey in my arms still, and I did something I knew she would want, I held Autumn close to her, almost like she was holding on to her daughter one last time...

*RYAN'S POV*

"Hello? Um, yeah. We need you to collect someone, umm, she passed away sometime last night and umm...." I couldn't say any more, what was I supposed to say?!

"Ok sir, what is her name?" The woman asked.

"Autumn Vincent." She found her in their books and said they would be round as soon as possible. Jacky came down and stood across the room from me, he had stopped crying, but only just, and he had Casey in his arms, "Did you call them?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just got off the phone to them...Are you ok?" It was kind of awkward because I had no idea what to say to him. I knew we had to tell the others straight away, I also knew Jacky shouldn't be the one to do it, he has already been through too much today. "Do you want me to tell them?" He nodded, beginning to cry again, I walked over to him, pulling him into a hug. "It's ok, Jack, we are all going to be here to help you through this." I walked into the kitchen and got Casey's milk from the side and handed it to Jacky. "Remember, I'm always here for you. We all are, we all love you Jacky, and we love Casey, never forget that Jacky. She always comes first in your life now. "Do you want to go and sit with her? I'll call the others down to tell them."

"Ok..." Jacky walked off and I went into the living room to tell everyone, this really wouldn't be easy...

*JACKY'S POV*

I walked back up the stairs holding Casey in my arms. Ryan's right, Casey has to be my top priority now, I can't afford to treat her wrongly, or let anything bad ever happen to her, my full time job is now making sure Casey has the happiest life possible. I got up to our room, Ryan had pulled the covers up to her chest, her arms outside the covers and holding each other over her stomach. I burst out crying and fell to the floor, pulling Casey tighter into my chest, I have never cried so much in my entire life, I heard sobbing, and it wasn't me, I looked up to find someone staring at me in the doorway. Taylor.

"Is it true?" She asked, crying just as hard as me. All I could do was nod; she walked over to me and fell to the floor next to me. "It's ok, Taylor. I don't know how, or when. But it will get better over time..." I said, trying to comfort her, I handed Casey over to her, and got up and walked over to Autumn, at that time, 2 men walked in, carrying a stretcher and a body bag...

Around ten minutes later, they had autumn in the body bag, and laid out on the stretcher they carried her down the stairs and just as they were about to carry her out the door, I unzipped the top of the bag where her head rested and held her face for a few seconds. "Goodbye, my love. There will never be anyone else, I promise."