Chapter 1 - If Only

Thanks for reading! I don't own any of Black Butler! Thanks for reading!

——————————————————————

"Can't you stay just a bit this morning, love? I promise you won't regret it~." The sweet voice cooed.

"Mmm, I've stayed long enough. You know I have to leave, but....next time?" The reply came.

"Of course and I'll be to visit for tea before you know it." Alois Trancy replied with a smile as he pulled Ciel Phantomhive to his chest for a passionate kiss.

The two embraced naked under the sheets, Ciel's breasts crushed against Alois's chest.

They had met some years ago at a ball Alois had thrown.

Following a series of several unruly disagreements, Ciel ended up stabbing Alois and injuring him severely.

Although the blonde had survived and burst in on the bluenette one day during his evening bath to discover his rival really wasn't male.......but female.

That changed Alois's outlook on things quite a bit.

Including their relationship......

After that he began to write regularly to the bluenette.

And she promptly responded to each letter.

At first it was polite discourse.

Ciel's gender was not spoken of. Everyone knew she was born female, but she had been given the title of Earl after her parents' death on the condition she would not cling to her femininity. Since Alois only just came into English society before their first meeting, he did not realize she was not really male.

She didn't want Alois to stir anything up, lest she lose her title and estate.

Alois just wanted to get to know her better.

Over time, the conversation in their letters became closer, like that between two good friends, eventually, it became rather flirtatious.

Over time, the letters escalated into frequent visits to the Phantomhive manor for tea, under the guise of discussing business.

Over time, the tea visits escalated into overnight visits to the Trancy manor, only to discuss business, of course.

Those overnight visits often found them sleeping in the same room........in the same bed.

..........but not discussing business.

Now, at the tender age of 19 and 21, Ciel and Alois had fallen quite in love with each other.

It was all Alois could do to let his little bluenette leave his arms that morning, he wanted to keep her with him forever.

He was still volatile as an adult but when it came to Ciel, he transformed into the most sugary sweet, caring lover someone could ask for.

"Marry me." The blonde purred as they parted outside his mansion later.

Alois placed a gentle kiss on her hand.

Ciel's eyes were heavy with sadness as she replied, "You know I can't."

A moment passed as the two lovers looked sadly at each other before the carriage doors were closed.

"Write to me!" Alois called as Snake slapped the reins.

And with that, the carriage took off into the distance.

Alois's hands balled into fists.

Oh!

If she weren't engaged to that stupid Edward Midford, he and Ciel could already be together by now!

His little bluenette butterfly in his arms every day and his bed every night.

Alois walked back inside and sunk down on his parlor sofa with a heavy sigh.

His features had grown to be quite handsome, his ocean-blue eyes framed by his feathery blonde hair.

He was a noble just like Edward. Just as worthy as Edward.....

If only he could think of a way to have their engagement called off......

If only Ciel could be his........

——————————————————————-

Sebastian, Ciel's tall, dark, and handsome butler regarded her silently, hungrily during the ride home.

"Did you enjoy your visit to the Trancy estate, my lady?" Sebastian asked as the carriage bumped along.

Ciel missed the hint of irritation in his voice.

While women normally fawned over Sebastian, Ciel seemed to show no interest in doing the same.

The two had developed a close relationship but nothing intimate, nothing romantic.

Not yet.

And it made Sebastian want to puke that Ciel had developed an intimate, romantic relationship with Alois.

"Yes, thank you, as much as one can enjoy discussing business." Ciel sniffed haughtily.

Sebastian chuckled, stifling himself from laughing out loud.

Business.

Did Ciel really think he was that stupid?

He knew the blonde had spent years seducing the bluenette, but the boy wasn't good enough for her.

Look at her!

The fair, gorgeous bluenette's sapphire eyes met Sebastian's dark gaze, her long eyelashes and pouty, pink lips begging Sebastian to reach over and kiss...........

Ciel needed someone strong and powerful, someone suave and debonair.

Someone that could protect and provide.

Someone like.......Sebastian.

If only Sebastian could figure out a way to drive a wedge between the bluenette and the blonde.

If only Ciel could be his..........